Stop going on about it

By Msrebound - 05/07/2017 20:00

Today, even my 11-year-old noticed how much my boyfriend constantly reminisces about his ex-girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 891
You deserved it 610

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If a child notices, it's time to talk to the boyfriend about it and see if the relationship is worth it.

TeachAllTheMath 19

Time to reminisce about being single, and maybe revert to that state.

Comments

If a child notices, it's time to talk to the boyfriend about it and see if the relationship is worth it.

TeachAllTheMath 19

Time to reminisce about being single, and maybe revert to that state.

That’s why you get to know a person very well before you introduce your children to him.

Yeah, that's not the issue there. The bf is so focused on his ex that a child noticed. Try to keep up please.

LeoCor 19

“Damn I remember when I was single and how free I was” should be enough

I was with my ex wife for almost 10 years and most stories I have of my life involve her. It could be because of something like that. Or maybe he has a kid with his ex. we don't know because we aren't told. This is one of the reasons I really hate people is because they always jump to negative solutions without ever know the whole story(..i.e, reading a one or two sentence fml or even the headline of an news article)

Reminiscing about a person is a lot different from talking about the person with whom you had a child with. Talking about all the great things you did with an ex is not good. Talking about having to pick up a child from an ex is a completely different thing or something that happened with the child and the ex is normal. I think you don't understand the definition of the word reminisce.

Except for the fact that OP herself posting this on FML. You can't blame the readers to think of such when it has been presented as such.

Like most others have said, it is about time to consider whether you want to be someone who is still holding onto the past. It is not a matter of being selfish or anything, but if he is not considerate about how you feel, then you should not let him get away with it either.

Did she break up with him? And you need to talk to him and ask him why he is with you and what your relationship means to him. Don’t just dump him. Sometimes people can be lost in what they thought was real. And people like this can and are often the most loving and loyal people. He’s probably blinded by it. I know at one time I was blinded by loyalty and the lies I told myself.