Stop crying your heart out

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I told a customer to have a nice day. Little did I know it'd make her have an emotional breakdown and nearly cause me to lose my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 446
You deserved it 1 439

Top comments

You nearly lost your job over that? "Don't ever tell a customer what to do."

You can't help that , you were being very nice and she must be in a bad point in her life or having a bad day !

Comments

You nearly lost your job over that? "Don't ever tell a customer what to do."

the things people get fired for is just krazy

lexiieeex3 32

"Don't tell me what to do." -Scary black guy from Drake and Josh

"I hope whatever kind of day you wish to have you are capable of having and if you are not capable then I am sorry for you, if that is okay with you" is the new "Have a nice day. "

Sounds like she wasn't having a very nice day after all... You couldn't have been expected to know that though.

You can't help that , you were being very nice and she must be in a bad point in her life or having a bad day !

I feel like I need more story here. why was the customer so upset in the first place, what was the had day, what happened that could have caused her to almost lose her job. so many questions. so few answers

Next time tell him to drop dead because it seems like complements get you nowhere

whatarethisss 23

That's a little harsh. She could be going through some tough times. Everybody is battling their own battles, it's not ok to be rude to someone for no reason.

You can't do anything without offending someone these days

That offends me. Respect my safe space!!

It sounds more of she was just upset and lost it and the boss was an idiot rather than the lady being offended.

I'm triggered by every word in your sentence.

I'm at rock bottom right now, but I wouldn't cry if someone said that to me. Don't sweat it OP!

Have a great day! Sincerely, when I was in retail I loved when people said that back and smiled. Really made me happy people actually care about each other to some degree

You couldn't have possibly known she'd do that. That's dumb that you almost lost your job over that.

gobiteme2 34

P C running amok in the U S say anything nice someone is going to be mad. say anything negative someone is going to be mad. don't say anything and someone is going to be mad. Sadly I don't even work in the retail field., l just see how people act.

Omg is your boss an idiot? "Have a nice day" is the staple comment everyone who works in customer service says. How were you supposed to know the customer would turn into an emotional basket case. You did the right thing OP.