Stoner in disguise

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Rowlett

Today, I found out that mishearing my boss and laughing at what I thought he said can make him think I'm high and nearly force me to submit to a drug test. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 429
You deserved it 2 920

Same thing different taste

Top comments

justcommenting19 19

Remember being happy = being high.

Yikes.. he sounds rather paranoid. At least you weren't actually doing drugs but I'd seriously consider whether or not to stay there

Comments

Perhaps you need to look into hearing aids?

Or... perhaps his boss needs to look into a diction class? Most people aren't as legible as they believe themselves to be.

I don't think you can read sounds, so I think you mean intelligible instead of legible. that said, I agree that many people over credit how understandable their speech is.

wordygirl 11

You poor thing!! That's terrible!!!

Well, you shouldn't be scared of anything, unless you're doing drugs.

Punctuation please! I could barley read this after my 5th time reading through it!

No one can force you to do a drug test, it's a violation of your right to avoid unreasonable search and seizure.

#31 I have to correct you so someone doesn't claim this at work. What you said is dependent upon the country you live in. If you live in the United States (as I do) there are few federal laws that address this, but there are state laws. In my state (Minnesota) you can be asked by an employer to submit to a drug test if there is a "reasonable suspicion that: the employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the employee has violated the employer’s drug policy the employee has been involved in an accident, or the employee has sustained or caused another employee to sustain a personal injury." So basically the OP's employer could absolutely request that he submit to a drug test in my state. In fact upon further research in Texas there is: "Texas legislation does not address drug testing in private employment. This means that employers are free to require or ask employees and applicants to take a drug test, as long as they don’t run afoul of other legal protections." So basically this is not a 4th amendment issue. You can refuse the test, but based on established case law you will likely not win.

You're funny. It's cute that you believe in rights. I'll bet you believe that people are "basically good?" Hahaha!