Social services

By Anonymous - 18/07/2022 06:00

Today, at work I had to handle two selfish parents returning their adopted 6 year-old daughter to foster care because, “She doesn’t, like, fit with our lifestyle, and my mom is, like, too old to babysit her anymore and we, like, can’t afford a nanny.” I hate my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 013
You deserved it 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The sad thing is this kid will remember what happened to her for the rest of her life and not understand ever why this had to happen to her and yet there are parents to be who will be wonderful if people would just give them a chance.

slkeithh 14

this seems more poignant now in a post roe country. **** this

Comments

slkeithh 14

this seems more poignant now in a post roe country. **** this

The sad thing is this kid will remember what happened to her for the rest of her life and not understand ever why this had to happen to her and yet there are parents to be who will be wonderful if people would just give them a chance.

tiptoppc 19

And sadly, if they aren’t blessed with ungodly amounts of money, the pair isn’t the right gender or if the religion is anything but a select few entitled ones, they’ll never be given the chance. America, where the dream is always within reach, but walls block the way…

I really wonder what sick mind thought it was a good idea to be able to return an adopted child.

rotflqtms_ 21

Better than the adoptive parents abusing the child. I'd honestly rather them return the child than for them to abuse the child because they no longer want her/him.

how in the hell did these people pass through the screening process?

tiptoppc 19

Money or the right affiliation I’ll bet…

They must have lied during the interview process worse than Supreme Court nominees lie to the Senate.

I think you should have to pay to return an adopted child, but then that may make people resort to stupid measures.....<sig>

indiemusicnerdgirl 20

how are these topics not addressed at interview?

This is just so very sad. At least it seems that the child is lucky to have you there as you seem to at least care about her happiness and wellbeing.

They sound like they're entirely too immature to even think about having kids. F the kid's life, and yours for having to deal with the dicks.