Snarky

By great - 10/02/2012 21:33 - United States

Today, I sat in my boss's office as he bitched me out for being "too sarcastic" to our customers. After nearly half an hour of him criticizing my "piss-poor attitude," he asked me what I was going to do to fix it. Without thinking, I said, "Your mom." Now I'm jobless again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 567
You deserved it 75 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's a very smart thing to say to your boss...

You forgot to say "is a wonderful woman" afterwards

Comments

hapetreefriend 1

Sarcasm is a lost art form. People need to be more creative with it. And hasn't the your mom shit been overdone since like the 80's?

You are the reason that I have to sit through 50 interviews just to find one decent person to hire. Until you figure out how to act in a professional atmosphere leave the jobs for those who actually need them.

Schizomaniac 24

Looks like it's time to grow up, then. Schitzomaniac's insight for the day: Children, your half-assed, piss-poor execution of "sarcasm" is often vapid and witless. Trite bullshit like "Hur dur your mom" is not sarcastic; it's dull and played the **** out. If you're going to claim sarcasm, at least own it.

perdix 29

Oh, that "talking without thinking" thing will often bite you in the ass! On the upside for you, the company will undoubtded whither and fail without your prodigious talents.

Barndog22 9

Ok, so in all honesty... you most likely could have found something a little more appropriate to say, but surely you didnt lose a 70K a year job! You can find another and that ***** funny :P

Thank you someone on fml with a sense of hummor

I did not know twelve year olds could work a full time job.

Sorry Darling. Can't bring myself to feel the least bit sympathetic this time. Maybe you should brush up on some attitude adjustments before finding your next job.

Wow what is wrong with you people buddy you rock! This site is for fun not to fuking make the guy feel bad, it's halarious and you all know it

I honestly hope you're being sarcastic, darling. There's a time and place for "Your Mom" jokes (though it's still in question), but at the work place, after being lectured over behavior, is not the place nor the time for such.

I didn't realize fml was such a serious web site omg guys someone made a your mom joke naughty naughty Cool aid !

GLaDOSv1_09 19

Really, can anything match the wit of a "your mom" reply? You should post more jokes; maybe it will help show these people what real humor is. Here, I'll start you off: "penis". Hopefully, some of you managed to avoid suffocating from your laughter.

I think what I am noticing most is "jobless again". Evidently this is not the first job op has been fired from for similar reasons.