Smoke signals

By rejected - 06/10/2019 04:00 - United States

Today, I texted my boyfriend, who's on vacation halfway across the world, but he didn't respond. I mentioned it to my younger sister who said, "It probably just takes a while for the text to get all the way there." My mom piped up, "Don't be dumb sweetie, he's just ignoring her." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 618
You deserved it 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well if its vacation then Maybe just maybe he doesn't have his phone on him 24/7. Relax

Did you ever stop to think that "halfway across the world" could also mean different timezones? He may have had to adjust to the timezone there and could have be asleep at the time you text him.

Comments

Well if its vacation then Maybe just maybe he doesn't have his phone on him 24/7. Relax

As stupid as your sister is, your mom is an even bigger ********!

Mathalamus 24

She isn't wrong. It's a vacation that he didn't take you with. Get a hint and leave him alone.

Did you ever stop to think that "halfway across the world" could also mean different timezones? He may have had to adjust to the timezone there and could have be asleep at the time you text him.

I don't think the FML is him not texting back, it's her sister and mother's response.

Traveling_Book 9

Maybe the text didn’t go through? Depending on the carrier he might not have service.

Mungolikecandy 19

Or the cost of receiving a text in another country may be so high he just has his phone turned off when there. I once got charged the equivalent of $5 for obtaining a single text as a roaming charge for being in a different country.

He's on vacation, I'd hope OP's boyfriend is busy enjoying himself and not glued to his phone. It's okay if someone doesn't respond immediately, even if they're in the same time-zone. Relax.

How long has it been since you sent the text. A text, FYI, means he'll get back to you when he can, as it isn't a life or death situation. If you NEEDED to talk to him right away, you'd call, not text. Let him enjoy his vacation.

Your name must be Sara, short for Saran wrap because you're so damn clingy.

I’m sure he’s probably in a different time zone and was asleep 🤷🏻‍♀️