Same!

By shut_up - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Roseburg

Today, after I had watched a few videos of myself, I realized the sound of my own voice is the single most annoying thing I have ever heard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 146
You deserved it 5 891

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Everyone hates how their voice sounds on tape

Sir_ND_Pity 35

So, if I kidnap you, record your voice, play it back to you multiple times, I can torture you and ask for money? *rubs paws maliciously together*

Comments

Dillyduzit 23

Everyone feels that way when they hear their voice on tape. So I guess **** all our lives.

If anyone is interested I have some explanation as why. When you hear your voice in your head it sounds deeper because it reverberates all the bones in your head, and generally the deep spectrum of the voice is considered very appealing. On top of that hearing a voice that sounds like you but NOT you (because of the lack of low end) is very alienating. Look it up on Vsauce.

CharresBarkrey 15

This is odd, because in my head my voice sounds normal, but when I hear a recording of myself it sounds deeper than in my head.

I know the feeling. I'm a 22-year old girl and sound exactly like a man.

I think everyone hates their own voice on tape :c

katina1236 20

Don't worry op everyone feels like that when they hear themselves on tape. When I was in school I literally had to leave the room when they played it

skyeyez9 24

At least you dont have an annoying laugh. I had to sit on a 5hr plane ride behind a woman whose laugh sounded like a donkey braying.

When I first set up my answering machine and left my recording, I was in shocked with how I sounded so similar to my sister. I'm sure most people are like, "Really? That's what I actually sound like?" the very first time they hear themselves.

japan166 8

op, we are use to hearing our voices bounce off of things and return to our ears but when you record and play back that sound it isn't bouncing off of things before it goes into our ears.

Jake_Hale 7