Return to sender

By regiftee - 25/03/2009 05:06 - United States

Today, my watch broke so I casually mentioned to my dad that I needed a new one. A little while later he hands me this really nice watch. He says, "Here, this one's been lying around for a while." It was the watch I gave him for Father's Day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 79 036
You deserved it 5 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, I can relate. I got my father a tie. About two months later, I saw the tie in the "Dirty Rags pile." He had been using it to wash the floor and didn't even remember it was the one I gave him for father's day.

Chaith 16

Don't feel too bad, of course it was a nice gift to you. You bought it. A lot of guys, me included are very picky with watch styles.

Comments

Aww, I can relate. I got my father a tie. About two months later, I saw the tie in the "Dirty Rags pile." He had been using it to wash the floor and didn't even remember it was the one I gave him for father's day.

let's be honest, was It really a nice watch?

Chaith 16

Don't feel too bad, of course it was a nice gift to you. You bought it. A lot of guys, me included are very picky with watch styles.

braFTW 0

LOL If your father does wear watches that was very rude of him, but if he doesn't you should've seen it coming..

Well.. at least it is getting some use. Don't feel bad that he didn't wear it. He probably has a working watch and likes it. And after a while it got forgotten about. Fathers are real guys like that.

aww. dont feel too bad, at least you got a watch now :)

So, you got what you wanted. Quit your complaining.

ju5t4fun_fml 0

you didn't loose everything... he didn't use his present, you got it back

goodtimesx2 0

so...maybe your dad isn't a watch guy. No big deal. Besides, he gave you a nice watch in return so don't complain.

I agree with #7. At least it wasn't a complete waste of your money