Relax

By lyssthemiss - 22/09/2015 10:51 - United States - Joliet

Today, I was taking a bath after a long day at work. I closed my eyes and listened to music. My cat thought this was the perfect time to come out of his hiding spot and jump in the bath. Once he realized it was filled with water, he freaked out and dug his claws into my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 781
You deserved it 2 311

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Scrambled 21

I think a bath with a toaster would be less painful than that.

Then don't get cats. Also, maybe you should consider cutting the ends off your fingers. Fingernails can be nasty things, you know.

Comments

myoukei 31

Bet you'll locate your cat next time you want to lock it out of a room eh?

Declaw it first appointment available. FYL

Seriously? You'll needlessly amputate parts of a cat just because it used its claws?

Yes, I do. It won't be clawing my furniture or me, thank you

Then don't get cats. Also, maybe you should consider cutting the ends off your fingers. Fingernails can be nasty things, you know.

It hurts the cat a lot more than you realize. You can train a cat to use a scratching post instead of your furniture and not to use its claws while playing. If you don't want to put up with training the cat, then just don't get one. Declawing doesn't just remove the claws, but the first knuckle as well. It can lead to pain when walking and using the litter box and it changes the cat's posture. Cats are also very good at hiding pain so many people don't even realize it hurts them.

Keep in mind after a certain age they won't even declaw the cat. I for one use kitty caps on my cat. They don't hurt me or my cat it's a win win.

That sucks Op, hope you heal and that's why I don't let my cat into the bathroom when there is water around.

cooltatgar 31

One of the reasons dogs are better pets.

oNisao 21
trellz17 19

Dogs will jump in the water, then jump in the bed while still wet, then take a shit on the carpet.

Cats never ripped a giant hole in my leg though.

My dogs and cats have never done any of those things. Sounds like not enough training effort was placed in your pets.

There goes your relaxing bath. Sorry about your face, OP.

Scrambled 21

I think a bath with a toaster would be less painful than that.

at least having a toaster in your life wouldn't be a nuisance

I still don't know how to use a toaster.

Psycocharger 19

Sucks. Sorry anout your face OP :)