Quack

By Anonymous - 25/03/2016 03:14 - New Zealand - Takanini

Today, I went to the doctor's after over a week of feeling extremely tired and having headaches. His advice? "When I'm tired I drink coffee. You should drink coffee." Somehow, I don't think that was worth $60. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 692
You deserved it 1 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Coffee actually will help cure both. Caffeine is used to help both being tired and headaches.

Yes, but doesn't coffee help you keep yourself awake? If you're feeling tired and he is in fact a doctor as he claims (which it doesn't seem like he is) shouldn't he have told you to get more sleep or maybe prescribe something to help you sleep

Comments

chessu 21

When I went to the doctor's about fatigue they ran some tests and what it was was low iron level (essentially anaemia) and low vitamin D. Deficit of those wouldn't cause head aches, but would explain fatigue. Neither need prescription for the pharmacy, if you want to try those out until you find a new doctor.

The caffeine in coffee will cure your headaches. And tiredness

Trust me, a pot a day will keep the constipation away.

The amount of misinformation here is mind-boggling. Caffeine might help, but if you are suddenly tired and having headaches when you did not before, there's probably a root problem that you want to treat rather than masking the issue with caffeine. Many others have made great suggestions of getting tests including: mono, thyroid function, and vitamin/mineral levels (esp vitamin B12, vitamin D, and iron). Also make sure you are getting enough (good quality) sleep at night. If you continue to feel bad, keep pushing for answers! I've been suffering from fatigue and headaches for 4+ years and have just now found a doctor who could get down to the root cause. Hang in there, OP!

I'd see a different doctor next time! I know how hard it is to find a good one, believe me. I'd also suggest you ask for pathology request that includes a Thyroid Function Test and iron levels.

What do you expect for $60? A cat scan?

Maybe op has low iron? My iron levels dip randomly and it makes me very tired and dizzy, occasional head aches but sometimes. I have to take iron pills a lot to get better. I hope you find out the cause soon!

go back and ask him to check your thyroid. I have been having the same problem along with getting winded easily, like from going up the stairs in our house and my Dr did a blood test and found that it's dangerously elevated.

See this is how my medical condition started next thing you know I'm going to hospital after going to get my eyes tested again.

Wow! Only $60? That is a great bargain! Up here in Alaska it is $350 minimum.