Puppy training

By doggone - 05/05/2012 23:07 - United States - King Of Prussia

Today, I walked in on my new puppy peeing on the carpet. The trainer had told me to punish her when she's bad by shaking a metal can of pennies at her, since the noise scares dogs. I shook it at her, and she responded by having explosive diarrhea all over the carpet in fright. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 993
You deserved it 34 916

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It seems you've literately scared the shit out of your dog

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Isn't that what Lois does to Brian?

Comments

I know I am going to be thumbed down for this, but WTF? Who gets something that pisses and ***** indiscriminately wherever it happens to be and doesn't realize you have to give it 24 hour surveillence or it will be pissing and ******** all over your house? What did you think, OP, the dog was going to pop out of it's mother's ****** already potty trained and with a perfect knowledge of commands? This is why I would never get a dog; I don't want to give up my time watching it all the time to make sure it doesn't unload all over my house or spend hours walking it and praising it for ******** and then picking up the shit. This in addition to the stench they bring to every home. But you made that decision, OP, so now you have to suck it up and babysit that thing or re-home it to someone who doesn't have a life.

You're such an animal abusier. Hurting/scaring your puppy just because they pissed? You deserved that.

OP, you (and your dog trainer) are idiots. Training a dog is more about positive reinforcment than negative. They respond to it much more quickly, and it doesn't involve any trauma to the animal. Let me ask you, if you had kids, and they weren't yet toilet trained. Let's say one of them pissed his pants; would you deliberately terrify him as punishment? Or would you give him a light scolding, move on, and then reward him greatly the next time he used the potty? Not only do you deserve to clean up all of this literal shit you've got yourself into, you deserve to have that puppy taken away.

TungstenLildog 10

Agree.. if this trainer tells you to punish a puppy, get a new trainer. It is a puppy. You left it alone on that floor.

If you don't train them young then they will never learn

TheyCallMeDamien 17

You're overpaying your trainer.

Wow ur soo cool scaring the shit out of a poor puppy.... U must be real proud of urself

You aren't suppose to scare your puppy. What they think is the got yelled at and next time they will just hide it.

Well we know not to do that again. :)

In one comment your laughing and in the next your saying how it was a horrible thing to do. Make up your mind.