Puppies > Kids

By Anonymous - 09/06/2023 10:00

Today, my husband bought me a puppy. When my daughter got home I showed her the puppy, but all she said was, “Eww, I am not cleaning it or walking it.” She’ll make a fantastic mother one day, I’m sure of it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 233
You deserved it 956

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why the hell would she want kids either, also shitty of you to assume she would be a bad parent cause she wants nothing to do with a puppy she I am guessing never asked for, why should she take on the responsibilities of something YOU wanted.

YDI for assuming your daughter wants to have kids in the future.

Comments

YDI for assuming your daughter wants to have kids in the future.

And that she would love cleaning and walking a puppy....

Why the hell would she want kids either, also shitty of you to assume she would be a bad parent cause she wants nothing to do with a puppy she I am guessing never asked for, why should she take on the responsibilities of something YOU wanted.

I’m gonna go ahead and say that (assuming she even wants to have kids in the future in the first place, which is a whole different can of worms) a child you specifically chose to have is going to be very different than a dog that was forced onto you. There are, in fact, many people in this world who like kids and do not like dogs, if it comes to that. Furthermore, a pet of any kind, but especially a dog, is a family decision, where either everybody is on board or you just don’t get the pet. The dog doesn’t deserve to be in an environment where somebody hates it, and your daughter doesn’t deserve to be forced to live with an animal that can be disruptive in the best of times.

Ma'am, it's a animal. Animals are different from humans. Plus you don't even know if she wants to have children in the future. Get over it.

Your daughter sees the writing on the wall. You made a huge leap from puppy to motherhood.

Won’t somebody PLEASE think of the GRANDBABIES?????????!!!!!!!!!!!

rudico67 8

Wow, really? First of all, puppies and babies are way different. Second of all, not every female wants to be a mother. Your daughter could be one of them.

Adding a pet to the family is usually a family decision. Usually you talk about it before just showing up with the pet. With young children, they adapt better if you prepare them for a change before you add a pet or another child to the family. That doesn’t mean children get to decide or veto the decisions of the adults, but it usually helps to talk it out first so they understand what is going to happen and how it will affect them… Young pets and infants have some similarities - They require care and work and are often messy. And they give love in return for love. But they are not the same. Not everyone loves a dog or cat. Puppies in particular are messy and require extra care until they are house trained. And not every female wants children, but I wouldn’t make that assumption just based on daughter’s reaction to a puppy. Not everyone sees pets as children.

It's your puppy, not hers. She doesn't have to like it. She also doesn't have to want children. I don't.

Sounds like she's got a better understanding of the responsibilities of being a parent than you do. She no doubt knew that when you got a puppy you'd try to foist the responsibilities for walking and cleaning it on her.