Presumptuous

By not a bad mom - 12/06/2022 21:00 - United States

Today, I took my daughter to a makeup store at the mall to get foundation to match her skin. The woman behind the counter scoffed, rolled her eyes, then called me a Karen when I asked for a manager. My daughter is 7 and I was getting makeup to match her elf ears for a costume we were making. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 293
You deserved it 340

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slhiggx 17

You sound extra bitter today.

mattiagardin 15

I feel like that woman's point of view would be more funny (and less biased)

Comments

When you pull a total Karen move, you can expect to be called out as one. No one gives a shit if a 7-year-old's fake elf ears perfectly match her skin. Certainly not important enough to bother professional make-up staff.

slhiggx 17

You sound extra bitter today.

His elf ears didn't match and he's trying to convince himself no one noticed.

Nope. The same charming blend of bitter and salty as ever. The only way you could think otherwise is if you yourself are a...

I hope your kidding. it doesn't matter what a customer wants the product for. they are a paying customer none the less. their money spends the same as any other customer.

The counter person could have guessed that they were going to buy one inexpensive item as a one-time purchase. Karen has to wait in line behind the regulars who purchase many items.

professional? lol makeup store workers such as Sephora and Ulta have people that were trained by the company or have skills themselves, not necessarily actual cosmetologists in most of the stores.

mattiagardin 15

I feel like that woman's point of view would be more funny (and less biased)

Sonotsuave 35

Idk that seems a little bit much to put makeup on a 7 year old, even for a costume, and care enough to go match it, like come on. You don’t want to start them too early or else get ready for some image and appearance insecurities headed your way. If it’s for some kind of special occasion contest or play or something, then I’d say ok. But if you’re doing this on the regular for all her costumes then….