Poor choice of words

By moutz - 20/07/2009 07:13 - Australia

Today, I met with an important client to talk about his stake in the company. The guy was at least 80 years old. After taking care of business, we spoke about my final year at the company. As he got up to leave he said, "Good luck in your final year." Without thinking, I replied, "You too!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 350
You deserved it 15 323

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bob1124 0

Eh...I mean it was obviously just a slipup. We really need a "your life really isn't that ******" button.

Ouch! That reminds me of: When was younger I hated going to weddings… my aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me "You're next." They stopped that after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals...

Comments

shewasalmost18 0

well if this ends up being his last year, at least you know you are a psychic wizard

iowagirl1997 0

Maybe choose your words more carefully next time?

Hope he understands. This sort of slip id easy to make.

skiBOAT 0

I got this after like 4 seconds. LMAO. I'm sure he understood that you didn't mean to offend him. FYL though.

Maybe he hasn't retired from his job and ironically still has a job and he has a possibility of being fired? Ah, well, FYL.

is it just me or was this the first time that the OP actually replied to a comment? =o First time that I've noticed, anyway. No worries, moutz. I'm sure that the man has done that at least once in all his eighty years, and understood. Probably.

ozymandias_fml 0

B-R-I-V-O-L-B-N, the number 7,the letter Q (pronounced Brian) Regan wants his joke back.