Phoebe??

By Anonymous - 30/12/2015 00:58 - United States - San Francisco

Today, while babysitting a young girl, I put on the movie Bambi, as she told me it was her favorite movie. I didn't know that her parents always skipped the scene where Bambi's mom dies. Despite my attempts to comfort her, she was still upset when her parents returned. Her mom blamed me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 382
You deserved it 1 706

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They should've told you about the movies so don't blame yourself OP!

Comments

I don't understand why some people are voting YDI. The mom should have warned you about certain movies. It's not your fault if the mom never told you she skipped over a certain scene in a child's favorite movie.

amileah13 26

Don't blame yourself op, you didn't know. Maybe the parents should have warned you about skipping that part but don't blame yourself. The parents should have warned you

And even then, it's pretty stupid. Protecting your child from watching a children's cartoon death is a bit over the top.

catanita 18

As a parent, when you have someone else taking care of your child you should inform the babysitter about certain things: sleeping hours, what is allowed to eat, skipping scenes from cartoons etc.

I think the parents should understand your situation and not blame you for the mistake. It could happen to anyone.

How can they blame you for something they didn't tell you?

redheadedmonster 24

I wouldn't worry about it too much OP. Kids get over things pretty quickly and it's not your fault the mom wanted to be a bitch because she forgot to tell you they always skip that part. I bet an hour after you left, after the mom fed the kid then she was playing again like nothing happened.

You should be applauding yourself Op, something is going wrong with the worlds view on many a things.

Poor girl for being sheltered like this. imo, kids should know about life and death early on. She would have found out about it sooner or later anyway.

This won't be the last time the poor kid finds out her mom misled her.

This is so not your fault at all but oh my god you destroyed a child's innocence.