Patience

By lovehaterelationship - 10/03/2014 18:43 - Austria - Graz

Today, I had to study for an important test but I could barely focus because my roommate had his music blasting at full volume. Since we get along well, I decided to put up with it. I just found out he forgot to turn it off and left over 6 hours ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 882
You deserved it 12 922

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why didn't you just ask him to turn off the music? If you guys were friends I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

thejewishfuhrer 17

While I understand your mindset for putting up with the loud music, it couldn't have hurt to ask him to turn it down, considering the two of you get along well. Then you might've realized that he wasn't home 6 hours ago, so YDI.

Comments

Do the same to him, and tell him what he did.

He would probably just, I don't know, turn it off.

REALAfroninga 11

No, because that would make too much sense!

Why didn't you just ask him to turn off the music? If you guys were friends I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Sometimes it's easier to be the nice guy....

Having music turned off, or just down, hardly makes someone the bad guy! I'm sure OP would turn his music down for the roommate too, that should be the upside of getting on well. YDI OP, common sense would would've been to nicely ask him to turn it down, like a normal reasonable person would. Your fault if you fail now. And I'll laugh. Bahahaha.

buttcramp 21

I think OP should have asked too. Worst case is that the roommate says no. Headphones are a great invention too lol

When my husband practices bass too loud, I ask him nicely to turn it down. He either does or uses his headphones. The only time it caused a fight was when I was having a bad day and didn't ask too nicely. Most people, especially those you get along well with, would understand the circumstance.

OP couldn't exactly ask someone who isn't home, to turn off their music. Unless she asked before he left, asking someone who isn't there won't help at all. On the other hand, in her attempts to get his attention she likely would have realized he wasn't home, which is probably what happened.

thejewishfuhrer 17

While I understand your mindset for putting up with the loud music, it couldn't have hurt to ask him to turn it down, considering the two of you get along well. Then you might've realized that he wasn't home 6 hours ago, so YDI.

Why not just ask to turn down the music? Compromise!!!

When he's sleeping put some headphones on him and wake him up with some insane clown posse or something haha

It wasn't even his fault... OP could have turned off the music

If you got along well he wouldn't have minded if you asked him to turn the volume down because you had to study, I'm sure of it.

Why would you put up with it? Could of asked him to turn it down

Wow, you're such a good roommate to put up with it. :)