Oops

By maybe time to adopt - 04/03/2018 15:00

Today, after my wife and I have been trying for a baby for 2 years, I found out she's still on the pill. Apparently when she was a teen she had bad period cramps, so her doctor gave her the pill for the pain. She never realized it stops pregnancy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 511
You deserved it 1 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mechakitty 13

I'm really concerned that neither her parents or her school gave her the talk or explained how contraceptives work.... she's lucky she hasn't developed an STD in that time. I hope she atleast knows what a condom is....

Comments

Better that then the other way around!

Are you sure you still want to try to reproduce that?

People keep implying your wife is stupid. She was given a medication as a (possibly quite young) teenager for a specific problem. It’s a shame she didn’t realise it was a contraceptive pill, but that’s likely inexperience, not stupidity. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Maybe that's different where OP is from, but doesn't medication usually come with a package leaflet that she could/should have read to inform herself about what she was taking?

So do you read every leaflet for everything you take? Because I tend to trust my doctors to tell me something that significant and not read the leaflet for surprises.

onceuponatime456 16

Do NOT trust your doctor to tell you everything about the drugs! Doctors usually know every little about the meds they prescribe!!!

MischievousRunt 6

Lmfao ALWAYS read what you’re taking. -.\

Yes ...? It would also be inefficient for the doctor to give me a 10 min lecture about everything that's in the leaflet if I can just read it myself. I'm not saying the doctor shouldn't have informed the wife about something as significant as the contraceptive effect of the drug he was prescribing, just saying she still could've informed herself.

if she was put on these as a young teen that leaflet probably would have been read by her parents. Frankly I never read them at that age my mom read them and then she would read them with me. I'm not gonna blame her for not knowing if she was like 13 at the time. Also frankly my mother only told me the side effects of my meds so we could watch out for them I was never even told what the intended effects were outside of the fact that they were for mood stabilization.

aaaaaaah..... Ok, step two. When a mummy and daddy duck love eachother very much...

Oh come on. everyone knows the pill is for stopping pregnancy. if your wife is really that stupid you shouldnt be breeding any way. personally I think she doesn't want a baby.

WeirdUS 29

Two years and neither of you considered the possibility? Plenty of medications do have side effects that can alter a cycle outside of the pill. Read the info the doc gives you on meds. I'd be worried about what else she hasn't questioned. People will believe some crazy stuff because they never thought to ask what it does or why something is done a certain way.

Please don’t have children with that woman oh my god

RUN!! You don't want a baby with someone that stupid!!! And the world doesn't want someone that stupid reproducing!!!