Obsessed and possessed

By ugh just make it stop - 01/07/2023 18:00

Today, after weeks of my yelling, my boyfriend finally listened and got a hobby. Instead of getting into something sensible like martial arts, he chose tabletop gaming. Now I have to listen to hours of boring stories about pretend fantasy worlds, and admit to everyone that my boyfriend is a nerd. FML
I agree, your life sucks 134
You deserved it 1 885

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You got what you asked for. I do both martial arts and gaming so maybe he can fall into both one day. If it's too much to bear for you, break up with your nerd bf because you yelling and then complaining shows you're somewhat abusive. He deserves better.

lalalaila777 24

be careful what you nag and yell about? 🤔

Comments

No, if he did that, he'd tell you boring stories about kung fu fighting, and how those cats are fast as lightning. Then, he'd prattle on about how it's a little bit frightening but they do it with expert timing. Once you think it's over, he'll drone on with some vaguely racist stories about Billy Chin and Sammy Chung...

You told him to do something, he did it, you’re mad him for it. What are you, my ex-wife?

If you are this bad as a girlfriend, I would hate to be anywhere near you as a wife. TTRPG communities are full of intelligent, creative, happy social people who have fun without the drugs or other vices. If you want a jock, go date the football team.

So what you’re saying is “I just stopped in to say to everyone I am an asshole who doesn’t deserve my BF or anyone, because I like to control people and tell them how to have fun and shame them because they like things I might not.” Grow up. Love your BF and his quirks, or do yourself and everyone else a favor and stop dating until you can be a healthy supportive partner.

Boyfriend's next quest is to get rid of a shrieking hag.

YDI for making him feel bad for his choice of hobby. Why do you consider martial arts "more sensible"?

Grunt69 2

It's a fun, although admittedly pretty expensive hobby. But what tf is your problem???