Not this again

By Kurochrome - 18/07/2011 05:09 - United States

Today, after spending over $1000 on plane tickets, I'm visiting my family for the first time in five years. Two hours after I arrived, everyone is screaming at each other and taking their rage out on me. They still ask why I never visit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 260
You deserved it 3 528

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell them that's why you never visited. Because you just love all the screaming and rage.

Comments

skyeyez9 24

Family is forever, unless they are verbally, physically, emotionolly abusive. Then you have every right to distance yourself from that toxic relationship. Don't feel guilty for not visiting.

heck just for the fun of it join the screaming

mablek 0

I always say "I rather miss them than have to deal with them"

oh god. my family is crazier than hell too, only thing is i visit my family a lot. least ya got five years. haha. gotta love them though, just see the humor in the dysfunctions.

you probably stressed them out by visiting because it's been so long.. you might want to try communicating more often with your family so when you go visit it's nit such an adjustment.

I know how that is, but to a lesser extent. Can't call the parents without either of them making me feel miserable, worthless, and ultimately draining the life out of me. Can't think of one time where I haven't considered killing myself after a long phone call. Visiting is only a worse feeling. And they wonder why my calls are getting fewer and fewer in between...

I'm amazed at the people saying 'Wow 5 years is a long time YDI'. Yeah, everyone can afford $1000 for a holiday every year! I have $800 in my savings and I need about $6500 of work done on my house before I can even think of a holiday! I make about $1000 a month and my bills and food take around $900 of that! Just because you're rich (or your parents are) doesn't mean the rest of us are!

Nah, they just want an easy way to say YDI rather than being sympathetic towards the OP.