Non Confrontational

By Anonymous - 19/10/2014 21:03 - United Kingdom - Castleford

Today, is the start of the third month that I prayed I would be fired, just so I didn't have to quit because I hate awkward conversations. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 884
You deserved it 8 611

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shasta95 5

I'm just as socially awkward as you are

Comments

MzZombicidal 36

How would getting fired cause bankruptcy?

Resigning will look much better on s resume when you look for a new job

One if my coworkers had her husband call in an quit for her. You could call in off-hours and quit on voicemail. No reason to be miserable. Hope you get it worked out! :)

Social awkwardness is the worst. A small bright side to your painful situation is think of the additional money you've made in the three months, money you would not have seen, had you quit.

No conversation necessary, awkward or otherwise. All you have to say is "Excuse me. Hey. I'm giving you my two weeks' notice, now. Thanks." Seriously, even quitting a job doesn't HAVE to be awkward. Then again, I don't seem to be socially phobic, so maybe I don't fully understand what exactly your going through. Either way, if you don't want your job anymore, you have to get out.

Make a youtube Video. Seems to be popular these days.

If you really want to leave without an awkward conversation and obviously you don't care about future employers opinion, just stop showing up, yet will get the idea eventually.

PainOfDemise 11

Be a shittier employee. That will help.

Don't wait until you get fired. Line up a new job and then quit. I wish I'd done that when things got bad instead of hoping things got better and then getting fired. I got lucky and found a job right away, but it could have been much worse.