No one likes a smart-ass

By Anonymous - 13/04/2020 08:00

Today, I accidentally stumbled on a method of getting my job done in about a third of the time, so my boss made it mandatory for all employees. Unfortunately, my coworkers now can't slack off pretending jobs take 2-3 hours, and their constant petty revenge bullying is driving me mad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 296
You deserved it 926

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mccuish 25

They shouldn’t be slacking off anyway

"No good deed ever goes unpunished...."

Comments

tounces7 27

This is 100% on you. Jobs NEVER reward you for making a real difference. Just drone along with the rest of the lazy bums until you start your own business. THEN use your innovation to do better.

I feel your pain op. When I worked in the factory i did the same thing. I was promoted to a specific machine that left me 2 empty buildings away from everyone and completely unsupervised. My boss put me there because she could trust me to get my work done. The others on that machine was putting out 150 parts per night, I put out 450 a night. None came back faulty even though that customer was picky. The plant manager was happy but quality control tried to claim I was putting out bad parts as good (I wasn't they all passed) and the 2 other shifts tried to claim I was faking my numbers (I wasn't). They put me on both shifts and I still put out 450 parts even with the editional scrutiny. In the end the plant manager told the others that they where just lazy and slacking. Boy did they hate me after that. Never did get a raise though. I put in my notice and they tried to find someone to replace me but where never successful.

Yeah, that's a hostile work environment. As long as OP didn't break safety rules or OSHA restrictions, then the rest of them are lazy idiots who don't realize that their laziness is contributing to the stereotype of lazy workers. (I think I said "lazy" often enough.) I'm not pro-business, but sometimes those draconian work conditions show up for a reason.