No match for the overwhelming force

By biotch - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, as a volunteer at the local daycare, I was with 3 and 4 year olds. They thought it would be funny to trip me and then jump on my back. I hit my elbow hard on the ground. A bunch of pre-schoolers beat me up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 283
You deserved it 6 526

Top comments

Kids are monsters. Tiny, ruthless monsters.

I guess you already know how many 5-year olds you can beat up: 0

Comments

vag_fml 0

these fml's are just so BORING.

This happened to me too. I was at an apres ski and I was dressed up as the mascot, a bunny. All of the sudden I hear "GET THE BUNNY!!!" and a bunch of 5-8 year olds tackled me to the ground. With children it's, a) strength in numbers b) you can't hit them back But the bunny suit made it ten times worse because I couldn't stand up after. haha No worries.

"Today me and my fwiends decided to beat up a vowunteer. It was fun. MLIG" Ha, kids are awesome.

Disagree with number one. Kids can be pretty strong y'know :/ Plus getting them to stop without hurting them would be difficult too.

justdesserts 0

That's why you NEVER underestimate children.

You need to learn how to play with kids. I have two friends, and between them there are 3 boys right around 13. They were all actively taking martial art classes, and had been for years. I last took any sort of fighting as hand to hand combat as part of law enforcement training in the mid 90's. So I'm 10 years out of practice, since I found IT work was more profitable than being a traffic cop writing speeding tickets and risking getting shot at. These kids could probably be the bullies of their school. One is as big as me (5'8"), and the other two not far behind. They're all quick and bouncy. If you move one, they bounce right back like freakin' rubber. I have a bad back, so when I say "no more", they know something hurts, and it's time to stop. Since it wasn't acting up that day, we fought. At one point during the fight, they were trying to get me to the ground. 3 kids, 100 to 150 pounds each, pulling on me (5'8, 150 pounds). They tried tackling. They tried pulling. They eventually tried just all climbing on me at the same time. With a little balance, I stayed upright. Pinning one person to the ground isn't very hard if you know what you're doing. Pinning two is a bit harder, since you have to keep the first down while you try to secure the second. It took me about two minutes, but I had one kid pinned under each knee, and held the other one down under my hand (hand on the middle of his back, pushing him on the floor. They wiggled their way free eventually, and got their martial arts belts to show me. Then they tried to tie me up with them. I've taught them before, don't bring a weapon into a fight, it'll be used against you. I ended up tying two together with their own belts, and then "hog tied" the third. Arm locks were used lightly. No pressure points were used at all, even though I've demonstrated them in the past. Just avoidance and resistance kept me from being pinned to the ground by 3 boys, and I "won". They were all laughing about it, and even their mother thought it was hilarious. Boys like to play rough, so I was their outlet that day. Hey, I'm just a big kid too (35 now), so it was fun. If you can't passively defend yourself from a group of 3 and 4 year olds who have no training, and aren't formulating good combat plans, you need to evaluate yourself. What happens when it's a group of 20 year old that want your wallet (or worse)? Maybe you should take a self defense course. At very least, since you were working at the daycare, you should evaluate if you should really be there. You're suppose to keep them in control, not let them play "fight the teacher." What would have happened if you fell on one? That kid would have been hurt, and you would have had a world of legal headaches. With the kids I was fighting, all I have to say is "no fighting today". They may not be happy about it, but they back off immediately. And I'm not a parental or family figure (father, uncle, mom's boyfriend, etc) to any of them, but when I say something, people understand that they need to do what I say regardless if it's a 2 year old, or a 40 year old. Even my daughter, 2 years old, if i say "no", she listens. Not because I've ever raised a hand to her, because I haven't. She just knows when dad says something, she has to listen. But if I can play she'll come running at me, I'll flip her over, and land her gently on something soft (couch, bed, pillows, or something where she won't get hurt). she'll always bounce back up and want more. :)

To all those saying that the OP is a lozer for getting beat up by toddlers, STFU!! My summer job for going on two years in a row is at a summer camp for that age group, and those kids can be vicious. Sure maybe three to five of them kind of playing rough would be no problem, but over a dozen of them are not easy to deal with!! They get underfoot easily and their average punch height is unfortunately right around the location of your balls! It SUCKS!! But it pays good enough for not many hours required, so it's all good =]

ahahahaha. apparently not all of us can handle children. time for a job change!