No excuses

By Allergic to Assholes - 30/01/2016 09:33 - United States - Indianapolis

Today, I got in trouble with my boss for not showing up to work yesterday. It seems going into anaphylactic shock isn't a valid excuse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 398
You deserved it 1 349

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If they try to penalize you for it file a complaint with the company.

Can't you report him to the higher ups?

Comments

This week on "assholes who don't understand how to create a positive work environment"

It sounds to me like you're working for someone very similar to my previous boss; she said we weren't allowed to miss meetings, even for dire emergencies, and would write people up for the stupidest things. I recommend writing a detailed email to HR and possibly the people above your boss in authority. Works wonders.

Ruskiy_Cherep 18

Am I the only one that doesnt know what anaphylactic means?

It means a really severe allergic reaction, usually life-threatening. For example, if you're allergic to peanuts, you might get a bit itchy or get a rash if you accidentally have a peanut. If you're anaphylactic to peanuts, your throat would close up and kill you if you don't get an Epi-pen (adrenalin boost) straight away.

It is another name for severe allergic reaction. In most cases, you have trouble breathing because your throat is swelling up.

Eh, my boss bitched me out for calling in when I had pneumonia lol Just make sure you have documentation and go over your boss' head if you get penalized for it.

aeryn97 17

a doctors certificate should be enough. don't expect him to take your word for it. FYL if the boss tossed the certificate

that's when you go get another copy and take it to his boss and let the higher ups know what's going on.

You could of died. File a complaint, that isn't right at all.

You should have discharge paperwork from the hospital that is time and date stamped. That should suffice with HR