Nice

By happypineapple - 17/07/2014 03:31 - Australia - Scarborough

Today, I went to a market. I saw stall which had mainly animal furs and things like that. I found a rounded, furry pen and stroked my cheek with it. Wondering what it was, being so soft and oddly shaped, I checked the tag. It was kangaroo testicles. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 680
You deserved it 19 903

Same thing different taste

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I mean, I don't buy things with animal furs but that doesn't mean I can't look at the stalls. That shit is so soft. And how do you know it's just for that? Maybe they killed it for the meat and they didn't want to waste the fur. Shame on you for assuming.

In Australia we cull over a million kangaroos per year to stop them from reaching levels where they overgraze and destroy their environments. The choice is shooting them, or a situation where many starve to death. It's an unfortunate reality, but most kangaroo products such as furs come from culled animals, so I think it's a bit rich to judge someone looking at a stall with kangaroo products. Why waste the rest of the animal when it can fill a niche market and hopefully stop animals being unnecessarily killed just for their skins?

We also eat their meat. So using their fur and dangly bits means we also use a lot of the caucus.

As one who hunts, I feel I should tell you there are almost no animals hunted directly for the fur. Even the wee squirrels are eaten, at least here. No hunter/trapper likes to waste, we have a respect for the animals.

QueenofWheels 13

So they kill animals so they don't die. Sounds like something hunters tell St.Peter before he sends them to hell.

fffianist 9

101, It's not a sin to hunt animals.

BarrackOfObamas 8

As long as you did not enjoy it after or keep it

Don't worry, you'll bounce bag just fine!

Kangaroo ********. Fresh from the outback.

I think you mean a kangaroo scrotum, OP.

"Oddly shaped" That was your first warning.

My issue isn't that you were looking at animal furs. My issue is that you, knowing it came from an animal, put it on your face before looking to see what it was. That's kind of your own fault.

It's amazing what you can find at those stalls...looks like nothing goes to waste