Nature is healing

By KeysToHappiness - 16/08/2015 12:39 - United States - Roseville

Today, I was kayaking with my family for my birthday when we tipped over while going down a rocky cascade. My husband badly cut up his arm, and my car keys and my phone both went for a swim and never returned. Great birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 461
You deserved it 8 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Probably not a wise decision to take your keys and phone with you. Sorry OP

tipping over is part of kayaking. did you guys have a guide or just rented some kayaks and winged it? it sucks that you lost your keys and phone but you really shouldnt have brought them along.

Comments

I'm so, sorry OP! I think at some point we all have a not so great birthday...

You made a fish very happy with a new phone and a free car!

Why is this being down voted? I think it's hilarious

Right!! Haha next time OP leave the phone in the car and secure the car key to you so it cant float away . . . its a river dumb ass

Probably not a wise decision to take your keys and phone with you. Sorry OP

YDI for not getting ready for that...

91hayek 31

I've never kayaked but that flipping thing freaks me out. What if you can't flip back? Or is that solved by a buoyancy measure built into the kayak?

its really easy to flip back around unless there are really big waves. tipping is a part of kayaking. it happens and, if youre in a fast moving river, happens quite often.

And if you can't flip back it's really easy to get out and flip it over from there. Emptying any water and getting back in is the tricky bit!!

That's not an issue if you use a sit on kayak. Though I dont think you can use those for white water kayaking.

tipping over is part of kayaking. did you guys have a guide or just rented some kayaks and winged it? it sucks that you lost your keys and phone but you really shouldnt have brought them along.

JustinJK 21

I love baja bags. I always like to have my phone and other things in case of an emergency. You can attack them to your kayak or yourself or whatever.

Ydi for bringing your phone. Can't cure stupidity.

they have waterproof bags and hard cases. I guess plan better next time

They probably wouldn't have stopped OP from losing them though

They do sell them in like necklace form. Also they have waterproof bags that have harness anchors connected that you can clip onto a belt or life jacket.

Reminds me of the time I lost my expensive hat when parachuting! FML!

you were wearing a hat while parachuting?

Indianboy9321 25

That went waaay over your head..