By Ashley Rocha - 11/09/2018 20:30

Today, after my washing machine broke yesterday in the middle of a cycle, I went and spent $1400 on a new one. Also today, my dryer started to smoke and almost caught my clothes on fire. There goes another $1000. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 781
You deserved it 330

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tapdancecolumbia 14

$1400??? Did you shop around at all?? YDI for dropping that much on a washer. I grabbed a washer and dryer for less than $500 by going to a consignment store, and four years later they're still running great.

Have a talk with your dryer and explain that if it's going to smoke it should do so responsibly and not near dryer lint.

Comments

AzrielB 8

ydi Godot buying the most expensive appliances ever. $500 will get you a new washing machine almost anywhere

YDI ONLY because you can buy a decent washing machine for less than $500.

Sorry, no sympathy. Those are luxuries to begin with, and there are less expensive options available if you absolutely cannot live without them. You wanted to spend big bucks on the fancy ones. You could have picked up a decent used set from Craigslist for under $200, even if just to buy some time to save up and shop around for deals. Or used a laundromat for a few weeks. Or even hand washed your clothes.

I don't think OP was mad about spending the amount; People are allowed to get nice things, especially if they've saved for it. I think OP is more on the side of not expecting both to go at the same time and now has to replace both early. It's obvious OP has the money to buy a nice machine with awesome stuff included. Do you always buy the shittiest car on the lot when you go car shopping, or do you like a nicer ride for your commute? Do you enjoy the newest phone over some Pay as you Go from Walmart? Don't shit on other peoples preferences. OP's situation could apply to anything.

hand washing your clothes does not genuinely clean them well, did that for a couple years, but there are definitely cheaper machines out there

I went with you deserve it because you could have purchased for half that cost. I paid 1100 for the pair myself, but they sale even cheaper ones.

LOL $1400? For that price, thing better babysit

I wish this one had the country listed. Perhaps those prices are reasonable where OP lives? If they're in Canada or USA though, their next splurge purchase should be a new brain. Options an adult would've chosen instead: -repair and parts -buy used -buy new but cheap If you want the fancy version but are not rich enough to afford it, don't get it! Too many people have been brainwashed by advertising that tells us we "deserve" every little thing our heart desires. So suckers go into debt for vacations and ridiculousness like that. Buy what you can afford ffs people!

m_estes09 3

why are you paying $1,400 for just a washer...?

tounces7 27

Why are you buying those overpriced pieces of crap that are literally designed to fail? Spend $200 on a used washer/dryer combo and they'll last 20 years.

$2400 fora washer and a dryer? Sounds like money laundering to me 🤠