By Anonymous - 21/06/2018 19:00

Today, after months of trying for a baby and telling me how he wants a family and can't wait to have a kid with me, my boyfriend was relieved when I got a negative home test, saying he's not ready for kids yet. I took another test this morning. I'm pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 060
You deserved it 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It’s not uncommon for people to have mixed feelings about things of importance. Give your boyfriend a chance to react to the new results before getting upset. OP - A bit of personal advice. Relationships and family are big steps in life - Take it slow. If the two of you are not committed enough to each other to get married, then it’s premature to start trying to have children.

Its time for another game of "Guess who wanted the abortion!"

Comments

Tell him he has a few months to get ready. That should be enough time.

tounces7 27

Sounds like he's the sort of person who will never know what they want and always send mixed signals. Take this as a huge red flag.

How is getting nervous when a big, potentially life changing event is coming up a red flag. Seems human to me.

Getting cold feet isn't unusual. If he's been telling you he wanted kids before and you think he didn't just tell you what (he thinks) you wanted to hear, he should be happy after the first shock. Congratulations and good luck!

If be liked it then he would have put a ring on it.

if he liked it then he he would have put a ring on it.

It could be his relief at the negative is him trying to comfort you, although maybe not the best way. You're going to have to tell him that you had a positive test (or check with your doctor and confirm the pregnancy) and let him know. If he's happy and wants the kid, great! If not, well you have a few options.

Probably he'll change his mind once he find out he'll be a dad for real. Don't worry everything will probably be fine. Good luck.