My bad

By Jokkim - 20/06/2016 18:24 - United States - Norfolk

Today, I found out I got a 97 on my physics final exam. I was curious about the question I missed, so I went up to my teacher and asked. He was very confused and checked my grade again before telling me, "Oh my bad, it was meant to be a 79." FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 385
You deserved it 5 529

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

It sounds to me like the teacher had 79% marked down on his ledger, but marked 97% on the actual paper. So OP asking about their question would not have changed the grade. And asking about a question you get wrong is the way to learn which areas you need to work on isn't it? That sucks OP, but hopefully going over the wrong answers will help you on future tests.

MelRose520 2

well if he figured out that your grade was wrong so quickly may be because he had it in the grade book as 79 and accidentally wrote 97 on your test. so don't beat yourself up about bringing attention and getting yourself a lower score because it may have been in the gradebook as 79 anyways and you wouldn't have known until looking over your report card later.

zach055 23

If you get a good grade, never ask you professor to review your test.

Okay, not going to suggest myself as a roll model here but...... A 97 is great, you should've left the grade be and not approached your professor about it. When I was a freshman in college I took an art history class. I attended half of one lecture and didn't take a single test, not even the final...... I got an A in the course, and even though I knew it HAD to be a fluke, I didn't question it, nor did I approach my professor about it (though to be fair, I had no idea who my professor was) and the grade has stood ever since..... Sometimes it's best just to accept what life gives you and not question it.

OP didn't say they were going up to contest the grade, they just had a question about the one they missed.

Props to OP for being in the class to learn, and therefore asking the question!

I was very good at math. Every test i would score 9 or higher. I was always curious as to what i did wrong so u can learn, but we always got the tests back with the grade so we could look. I get why OP asked