Misunderstanding

By Anonymous - 11/11/2019 03:00

Today, my boss sent me to remove a tree from a client's home. So I went and cut down the tree, only for my boss to show up an hour later, speechless. I was supposed to remove a sapling that had sprouted through the driveway tarmac, not the 100-year-old prizewinning Japanese cherry tree. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 360
You deserved it 3 449

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have confirmed WHICH tree was to be removed, you so deserve this. Your boss should have specified which tree but it was still your responsibility to make sure which one before doing anything.

A sapling isn't a tree. Thats on your boss.

Comments

randomnobody0622 6

thats what your boss gets for not knowing how to properly use his words

In all relationships, communication is key. You should have clarified which tree you needed to deal with at some point before starting the job.

prettylamemyguy 7

you'd think the both of you would be better at communicating with each other. your boss should've been more clear & you should've checked to make sure which tree needed.to be removed.

If this is just a sapling of your on-the-job performance, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you won't be logging anymore work hours. I'll leaf now.

Clearly there were some communication issues here. Your boss said "tree," which is different from a sapling. But you also should have made absolute sure you were cutting the right thing, regardless of terminology. I mean, did you see a tree/sapling sprouting out of the driveway? To me, that would be a good indicator that it's the one to be removed. Poor Japanese cherry tree, those are beautiful...