Meat is murder

By lanbon182 - 10/04/2009 05:11 - United States

Today, my fiancé's parents visited. I keep chickens for their eggs, and his parents own a farm, so we had a connection. They told us to leave the house while they cooked us dinner. When we returned, we faced two steaming plates of chicken. My chickens. They had names. FML
I agree, your life sucks 251 776
You deserved it 31 278

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awwwwww, that's so sad!!! Like they served you the family dog... So, did you tell them, or did you try to 'man up'?

That sucks bad! I would have burst out crying right in front of their eyes... I can't believe people are clicking YDI =/

Comments

Monty_Python 0

That is f***ed up. Did they know you don't eat meat? Maybe it was a message to get you to eat meat. But seriously...effed up. Like #133 says, BEYOND RUDE! I hope those 2 chickens weren't your only chickens...

I couldn't imagine having someone murder my pets for food that could have easily been bought at the store. A person should not just randomly kill the only two chickens a person owns because they think they're for food, how stupid can they be?! Also, it is very plausible that the in-laws didn't know or forgot about the vegetarianism. That's like my grandpa, I live with him and every time he asks me if I want some bacon when he makes it and every time I have to tell him I don't eat anything that comes from a pig (this happens quite often). Some people are just very forgetful. I hope you gave them hell though! They deserve it.

I'm a vegetarian, so I completely feel your pain. That sounds horrible. But, on the other hand, did you actually tell them that the chickens were your pets?

:O ahhh that one made my heart stop >< that's harsh. i'd have gone mental

Aww man, this is so totally not cool. I feel really sorry for you :( .

YDI for being a vegitarian. damn hippies

Wow this really sucks. I'm so sorry. I know that it's really hard (emotionally) to replace a pet, but did they at least offer to replace them or to compensate? I'm sorry if that sounded heartless in anyway I don't mean it to. I'm such an American, I'm kind of ashamed that compensation was the first thing that came to mind. And #92, cows are domesticated animals that are entirely dependent on humans, including for breeding. If we stopped using cows for meat but continued using them for their milk, their reproduction would be dependent on the amount of cows needed to replace those that died of natural causes or injuries. If we stopped using cows for both meat and milk entirely, they would not prosper because we would have no need for them . They would die out after the last generation died, providing that we're not completely cruel and don't decide to starve them to death or just kill them. I am not suggesting that we do this; while I don't eat red meat or pork I do enjoy dairy products and regardless of that I don't think we should purposely make cows extinct. And the worst of the C02 admissions come from cows' excrement, not to mention the meat packing plants.

I used to have 2 pet chickens, strider and weezer (i don't remember why those were their names), but yeah, your story hurt. Sorry you lost your buddies! The only positive thing I can figure is that your fiance's parents like you enough to cook a full dinner for you...