Let's do this again!

By wow - 27/11/2019 05:00 - United States - Portland

Today, for the first time in months, my best friend agreed to hang out with me. After waiting, three hours for him to show up, I called to see what was taking him so long. He told me he couldn't come because he needed to get a haircut. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 957
You deserved it 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mungolikecandy 19

I think that is the evidence he is no longer your best friend. He has moved on as tends to happen in life, so it may be best if you do to.

Drai Gray 8

he's not a friend, friend, drop him even if that means you have no friends

Comments

Mungolikecandy 19

I think that is the evidence he is no longer your best friend. He has moved on as tends to happen in life, so it may be best if you do to.

I'd say that is the evolution of the "I have to wash my hair" excuse. Move on!

We haven’t seen your friend so maybe he did need a haircut. If he’s a guy that should only take like 30min. If your friend is a women then it could take longer depending on what she’s getting done. Either way your friend should have called/texted and said he/she is running late or not able to come at all.

Drai Gray 8

he's not a friend, friend, drop him even if that means you have no friends

Why would you wait 3 hours before texting him?? You need to value your own time more

Read "How to make friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. That will give you the people skills to make new, real friends. Also join a new activity like larping or dancing or volunteering for conservation or something. This will help you meet new people. And dump your friend.

bloopaloop 27

You live in Portland. What kind of friends were you expecting?

Sounds like maybe he isn't your best friend anymore. When my former BFF began ditching me for a bad crowd or made up stupid excuses, that was a sign for me to move on with my life. Perhaps it's time for you to do the same.