Legit logic

By Carmen VanDiest - 24/04/2020 02:00

Today, I asked my husband why his socks are always inside-out in the laundry basket. He replied, "So the insides get clean." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 119
You deserved it 528

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What's wrong with that? Maybe he has sweaty feet or is worried about fungus. Sounds pretty legit to me.

jersey 3

I think it’s smart. What about the dead skin and everything else his feet touch before he puts his socks on gets caught in there.

Comments

What's wrong with that? Maybe he has sweaty feet or is worried about fungus. Sounds pretty legit to me.

You know that big hole at the top of a sock, the one you put your foot in? I don't think it magically prevents water and detergent from entering the sock once it's in a washing machine.

Or the fact that unless he wears waterproof mattress pads for socks; clothing in itself is porous.

jersey 3

I think it’s smart. What about the dead skin and everything else his feet touch before he puts his socks on gets caught in there.

That is the dirtier surface. I'd imagine the outer surface would get more sloshing action than the inner.

And? Inside or right-side out, they get clean. That’s all that matters. Why is this an fml for you? And his logic holds up. You turn jeans and some shirts inside out to protect the color/designs, which implies whatever’s turned out gets sloshed more. Why wouldn’t you want the better clean for the side of a sock your sweaty feet touch?

The packaging for the work socks I bought specifically say to put them inside out before washing.

Then definitely turn inside out! Sometimes depending on the materials and how they're weaved/layered, inside out will let loose the build-up.

It’s the best way of avoiding any lints in the socks so you don’t have to turn them inside out to get all the lints out before putting them on your feet. Nobody likes the feeling of lints on their toes.

If it upsets you so much, let him do his own laundry.

jfigley 5

Sounds legit. I would do it myself if it wasn't a hassle to flip it back in when clean...

i have always turned clothes inside out to wash them. that's where the sweat, odor and dead skin cells are. 🤷‍♀️