Landlords…

By more depressed than ever - 02/10/2021 17:01 - United States

Today, I got a housekeeping warning from my landlord. After struggling with multiple serious health issues, I’ve also been dealing with a horrible case of depression as a result. When I tried to explain this to the manager, she decided to get the county involved and try to have me committed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 915
You deserved it 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

doing a little is better than nothing. but see if you can't afford housecleaning for a couple of weeks, or at least the first time :)

bluntaf 3

maybe you should clean up 🤷‍♂️

Comments

She's probably depressed, too. It's likely she could rent your place for a lot more than the measly amount you are paying. Getting you out of the way might help her get over the blues.

bluntaf 3

maybe you should clean up 🤷‍♂️

doing a little is better than nothing. but see if you can't afford housecleaning for a couple of weeks, or at least the first time :)

Have you COMMITTED? For depression? What year is this? 1903? I’m sorry that people can be so heartless. Be careful—folks like your building’s manager will torment their tenants as much as they can get away with. I’ve lived in multiple places lorded over by weasels like her.

Vesi 29

I truly feel for you, I do but if you are living in an apartment, keeping up with housekeeping is for the health and benefit of *everyone* in the building. If you rent a house, then they are interested in not having their house wrecked and I understand that, too. Sometimes cleaning up a bit at a time actually helps depression. Best of luck in your situation.

I have depression too and I find writing lists of small and achievable tasks helps. So dishes, wipe down bench, pick up dog toys, throw out rubbish, sweep the floor, washing etc. It makes a mountain of a job much easier and takes how overwhelming it can be out of it. There is services and medication to help with depression. If it's at the point it is so bad and you know you're bad reach out to them.

randybryant799 20

If the place is a mess nobody really cares why. Clean it up.