Kitchen nightmare

By Anonymous - 15/05/2020 14:00

Today, I made my boyfriend a vanilla cake for our anniversary. We sat down to eat it and one bite in, my boyfriend gets a weird look on his face. I take a bite and notice that it tastes like corn. I found out later my dad had replaced all the flour with cornmeal without telling anyone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 742
You deserved it 416

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cornmeal neither looks or feels like flour. It's a completely different color and texture. So I honestly don't see how this could happen unless you've never baked with, cooked with, or looked at either product in your life.

Jeremy Strang 7

Nonsense story. Corn Meal is not even similar to flour. This is not a mistake a person could have made.

Comments

Cornmeal neither looks or feels like flour. It's a completely different color and texture. So I honestly don't see how this could happen unless you've never baked with, cooked with, or looked at either product in your life.

Jeremy Strang 7

Nonsense story. Corn Meal is not even similar to flour. This is not a mistake a person could have made.

How did you notice the colour difference? Cornmeal is yellow and flour is white plus there’s a bit of a texture difference as well.

I assume you don't bake, or cook with either of them, often if ever. Cornmeal has neither color nor fineness of grain in common with ANY flour. I mean... I might understand if he had replaced it with almond flour or some other gluten free and/or low carb flour. At least visually most of those look similar enough to the untutored eye. But cornmeal... no.

if I can tell the difference between pastry flour and cake flour you can DEFINITELY tell the difference between cornmeal and flour. you deserve it for being an idiot.

Honestly as long as the packaging matches, I would be the type of person to use it anyways too

ViviMage 38

One of you has a corny sense of humor! I'm all ears on why the switch was made!

How can you really miss the difference in flour and corn meal??????????

KingAdrock 16

Even if you somehow COULD mistake cornmeal for flour; eating some cake that tastes kinda odd because it's made with cornmeal is NOT an FML. Get the **** out of my office.