Keeping score

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Lawndale

Today, I found out why my teenage daughter won't brush her teeth properly. Apparently, my son convinced her that toothpaste has tons of calories. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 118
You deserved it 2 748

Top comments

But you don't even swallow toothpaste, so why would it be a problem even if it did have calories?

Wow. That's excessive. If you can't change her mind, tell her to use baking soda. Although, you really should talk to her because being that obsessive seems unhealthy.

Comments

SpRiTzSpLaSh 7
devendarling 5

Actually... you need to get her checked out. The only other people I've heard that do this have eating disorders like Anorexia.

SApprentice 34

So you post this to FML? Look, if your daughter is so concerned about calories that she's not brushing her teeth right, then she really needs to be in counseling. You might laugh it off, but body image problems are horrible, and I seriously doubt you want a depressed daughter that's battling with anorexia and bulimia. My older brother almost died because of that. He took constant diet pills, was practically just a skeleton, never ate anything, and eventually got sent to the hospital after he had blackout and started grabbing diet pills off a store shelf. He spent weeks in the hospital, and his heart was really messed up for awhile. I remember how he'd stand in front of a mirror for hours, his hip bones jutting out, each knob of his spine visible, the depth of his breast bone, and the way my parents didn't respond until it was almost too late because they didn't realize how serious it had gotten. This kind of stuff isn't a joke. Get her help.

ha that's funny...I told my sister if she chugged a bottle of vinegar she would pass her drug test...she didn't pass it and it was funny watching her drink vinegar

LMFAOaMIGIT 3

And everyone trys to say girls are smarter then guys.

..than**** Check your spelling before you try to make that kind of point.

LappDance 16

Also, it's tries not "trys." 101 beat me to it...

pabst4america 1

I think your daughter has anorexia

Haha classic. Sad that somebody is actually ignorant enough to fall for such a thing though.

Every breath you take, every word you make, I'll be smelling you.

I'm in class now and I hate when people don't brush there teeth.