Is this a job interview?

By devdevdev - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - Brazil - Santa Maria

Today, I went on a date with this girl. Turns out she's a software developer too. Our date became a technical discussion. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 884
You deserved it 12 340

Top comments

MzZombicidal 36

At least you two have something in common! It could have just been a super awkward, quiet date!

Wizardo 33

That was just C++ for 'she wants the (D:)'

Comments

CallMeWindSock 24

Why is that a bad thing? You have something in common!

milky2321 14

That's good! now you have something to talk about. I have had super awkward 1st dates where we didn't find anything in common and we kinda just sit in science.

When geeks have awkward first dates, they sit in science. SCIENCE!

You're like Charlie and Amira (Numbers).

I got the reference, but that doesn't seem like the right name (for her)

Reminds me of the first date with the girl im currently dating. Like 5 minutes in, we werent even in the restaurant, i told her a bit about my work and after saying i work with C# she said she doesnt like C# and i was like. "Shit she knows that shit" And she basically had me there from that point. And we continued talking a bit about what programming languages we like and stuff. Hope your date went well anyway.

Today, I had a great date with this guy. He's a software developer too, so we had a really interesting discussion. Then I found out he thought it was a bad way to spend a date. I guess he was just pretending to like coding to get me interested. FML.

ok are you for real? if so, girl im really sorry for you :( better luck next time

Respect101 17

A guy posted this..... creepy if the OP thinks your a girl.. and he doesn't know what he is getting into... It's his next FML, found out this "girl" I've been dating is really a dude...

ipeedinthewoods 3

I clicked YDI, not because this is bad, but because you deserve to find someone that has the same interests as you. Good for you!