Intervention

By Anonymous - 06/07/2011 23:43 - United States

Today, my friends staged an intervention. I'm not on drugs, I'm not an alcoholic, and I own my own house. My car is paid for and my job pays well. Apparently, I need an intervention because my life is not where they want it to be, which involves me being married with children. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 371
You deserved it 3 575

Same thing different taste

Top comments

k8izgr8_fml 0

how dare you not live your life according to their expectations. selfish...

Thabb 0

They just want you to look guilty of something

Comments

Your friends need to get a life, OP! How you want to live your life us none of their business, especially when you're not doing anything to hurt yourself or others. Having & wife and particularly having kids, is not a decision to be taken lightly. it's something you have to decide you're ready for!

Shoot, that sucks. I'd like to hang out...then if things seem beyond awesome, maybe we hang out longer... Perhaps get more serious... Down the line, settle in to a relationship, but, com'on No way you need folks telling you when that magical moment may turn up.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

Or if it turns up at all. Believe it or not, there are plenty of people that prefer an independent life, free of marriage and children.

When will people learn that getting married and/or having kids is not everyone's requirement in life?

I find the sheer arrogance of your friends' attitudes staggering. The idea that that would be a reasonable thing to do is just beyond belief. That'd pretty much be the last time I had anything to do with those people.

izzy7 11

Your life sounds perfect the way it is.

effarve 2

that is when you tell them all to **** off and take a giant step or two back behind that line they all just crossed... thats bullshit! much respect to being successful and independant, you will find the rest on your own time line, not theirs.

emodude44 0

Get married when your ready. Don't rush into a relationship.