Interesting dilemma

By Anonymous - 07/02/2023 04:00

Today, I learned that as much as I try to save my money, it always just slips through my fingers. After rent, I got paid $280 yesterday, $85 went out on my gym membership, $95 went out on my internet, $125 went out on my Hello Fresh. I have to choose between half a tank of petrol or breakfast/lunch for the week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 247
You deserved it 1 783

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sonotsuave 35

Um, how about get a less expensive gym membership and not subscribe to food services if you can’t afford them. YDI

Sounds like you need a budget. If your expenses exceed your income, you need to cut back somewhere. (Like the first commenter said, probably start with the gym and meal service.)

Comments

Sonotsuave 35

Um, how about get a less expensive gym membership and not subscribe to food services if you can’t afford them. YDI

Agreed. Paying $85 for a gym membership? Paying $125 for a meal delivery service that, for some reason, doesn't provide you with food?

Sounds like you need a budget. If your expenses exceed your income, you need to cut back somewhere. (Like the first commenter said, probably start with the gym and meal service.)

What kind of ******* gym is that? You really need to avoid riff-raff so much that you drive yourself into poverty? Get a rape whistle and a can of mace and join Planet Fitness.

VnD 10

Sounds like it's the consequences of your own actions, instead of wasting money on such an expensive gym membership, you can workout at home for free, there are tons of awesome online trainers on YouTube or go to a less expensive gym and you can budget your shopping instead of ordering food out, don't complain on the net over something that you can totally control!

You are living well beyond your means. Gym memberships here start at $20 including massage and hydrotherapy and Hello Fresh is expensive. Take your ass to an actual grocery store

ODBeefalo 10

drop hello fresh and learn to buy groceries. boom saved you like $50. you don't need to learn to save. You need to learn to spend better since it looks like you are paying for the wrong things. 85 to a gym is a lot. I pay 15. 125 for groceries, I am assuming for a week (a lot of them are) is a lot. I pay 50-60 a week, including some snacks. spend better then learn to save what you haven't spent...

Dude... People like you are your own worst enemy. Get a cheaper gym, do your own shopping and shop around for cheaper internet. If you are out of contract, call your retention dept and ask them to do you a deal before you leave them for a cheaper service. Your money isn't 'slipping through your fingers', you are literally p!ssing it away and then whining about being broke. Why? Are you attempting to look good to other people? That's just flat out idjit territory. Were you never taught to budget? If so, there's uncountable places on the net that can teach you. There is absolutely nothing about your situation that you can't fix in a month and boost your income by at least a quarter if you just rejig your out goings to what you can actually afford. I say this as someone who manages to live comfortably on a very limited income. No, my life is not flashy or 'Instagram' worthy but it is stable and it is comfortable. That's all anyone actually NEEDS. Go watch some budgeting videos, implement the advice and then enjoy being able to afford gas and breakfast at the same time.

Seems like you need to make some tough life decisions. Go to the YMCA and get up off your arse and go to the supermarket for your food. You'll be amazed at how much money you suddenly have.

I'm surprised Hello Fresh is a thing, its so expensive you mise-well just go to a restaurant, or just order the unprepared food your self for like 1/4 the cost.

just because it's a fun easy trend for food services, doesn't mean your budget can always afford them. being thoughtful and planning out your meals for the next two weeks can help save money at the grocery store