Imitation

By Anonymous - 20/06/2009 16:06 - United States

Spicy
Today, my husband and I were having sex in the shower while our 5-year old was sleeping. Apparently, she wasn't sleeping and she asked me what those loud noises were. I told her I was singing. Now I can't get her to stop "singing" in the shower. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 051
You deserved it 61 585

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ugh. I don't get why you can't just hold in your moan. Atleast take it out with breathing.. ******* hate when my mom screams for ages. Yeah, I'm a sick little bastard, I know.

Just make sure she doesn't shower when you're having company over!!

Comments

ummm naja_12168 or whatever? CHILL. your views on telling children about sex at a young age are fine, bu you dont need to shove it down our throats with a huge freaking paragraph. i think if shes old enough to take showers by herself and ask questions, shes old enough to get the real answers.

naja_12168 3

Chill yourself yepitsme. If reading long paragraphs is too hard for you then don't read them, skip over my comments and anyone else's that are equally long. No one forced you to read them. The person I was referring to sure didn't catch an attitude so why are you so defensive? Skip over the comments you find to be too long. In regards to the five year old knowing about sex, that's your opinion and you are more than welcomed to agree to disagree with me. Most people, including most of the comments here agree with me. So sorry if my opinion offends you (clearly it does. may I suggest you take your own advice and relax?) but luckily I am allowed to share it here just like you. Skip it if you don't care to read it. That goes for you and anyone else.

ALSO, they did wait until she was asleep, i mean theyre not going to lock her out of the house or hire a babysitter just so they can spend a little snuggle time in the shower

naja_12168 3

I'm fully aware of that. Also, no one said they intentionally tried to have her hear them having sex or expose her to sex, nor did anyone seriously suggest they shouldn't have sex in the house if she's sleep, so again relax!

no kidding, and if you dare to suggest parents shouldn't lie to their kids, your comments get buried.

i unburied all your comments to read them and I don't think they should have been buried. Nothing you said was offensive, it was simply a different viewpoint, and whether people agree or not that gives them no right to censor your statements.

Too many negative votes, comment buried. Show the comment. haha. gotcha.

"somebody said something we don't like! we'll teach them not to disagree with the majority!"

naja_12168 3

You do know that people are still capable of reading your comments right? I understand you're upset, but all people have to do is click to read your view. It's not like it's deleted.

parents, stop having sex when your children are home. it never ends well.

so we have several people saying they learned about sex at an early age and were perfectly fine, and we have a bunch of parents saying kids will be irrevocably traumatized if they learn about sex at an early age; do we have any actual EXAMPLES of the latter? anyone here who learned about sex at an early age and was worse off for it? i'm curious as to whether these parents' beliefs have any basis in anything other than the influence of a hypersensitive puritanical society.

Interesting point! I'd like to know too.

ohhhhshizzz 0

Honestly, we understand, we get the point. You were taught about sex at a young age, some weren't. My mother waited untill I was 12 to tell me about sex, it should correspond with the age you start hitting puberty. 5 year olds have no need knowing about sex, curiosity killed the cat... Some, note I said some, do things their parents do as an example shone on here. How do you know they won't find out what sex is after walking in on mommy and daddy in a compremising position? You say it is when a mommy and daddy get married, little kids have little kid weddings also. I'm not saying you didn't grow up to be healthy, but that is you. Not all kids are like that. You have to teach YOUR kid what is best for them, or what you preceive to be best for them.

naja_12168 3

I agree with you ohhhhshizzz.

Exactly - in countries where they teach kids about sex from an early age there is far less prevalence of teen pregnancy, abortion and STDs. Not to say that kids not taught about it WILL go out and get pregnant, but it's more likely. Sex is a part of life, and telling your kids about it early is not automatically inappropriate.

naja_12168 3

That's clearly debatable and something that several therapists and psychologists debate.

I didn't learn about sex until about 6 months or so before I started having it. It was this huge, secret issue, so I was curious. I wish I'd been taught about it gradually when I was little. I'd probably have a healthier view about it now, as an adult. When I have children, I definitely won't be hiding sex from them. I'll probably get a book or something and sit down with them and read to them.

that was a pretty long paragraph too. its not that your comments bore me, its just that you could have gotten your point across in a sentence or two instead of a frickin novel.

she didn't even have a good point, rofl.

naja_12168 3

Apparently I did since others agreed. If my point bothered you so much, just skip over it. It's that simple.