I'm new!

By annoymous - This FML is from back in 2017 but it's good stuff - Australia - Glenroy

Today, it was the first time I was meeting my boyfriend's parents. Turns out he forgot it was his mum's birthday, and I ended up having to meet his whole family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 245
You deserved it 802

Top comments

he can't even remember his own mum's birthday?

AirBusDriver 23

Comments

Wow, an fml that got through moderation with a typo!

I had this happen to me. I was to meet his parents for the first time & they were holding a wedding anniversary for his grandparents that same day. So, I got to me them... all, around 50+ of, them at once. That was actually nice that I did so I knew them all from get go. :)

That sort of happened to me with my current bf too.. He had been pushing me to meet his mom and dad for months(I have really bad anxiety and meeting new people can be downright horrible..), and we were finally on our way to meet them one evening. 5 minutes before we arrived he casually said: "oh, by the way, my two brothers and my sister is going to be there". I freaked the **** out and started crying and hyperventilating and screaming bloody murder, because I had mentally prepared to meet two people, not 5, and I ended up with a panic attack and a bf who clearly didn't take my anxiety seriously.

jcash52426 5

If the family liked you then great if the family didn't like you then tuff shit it, if he like you then that all that matters. PS he should really know his moms birthday.

LevelupKid 8

And how is this bad? Sit the **** down and have some cake. Yeah this is "totally an inconvenience".

Please tell me: How is this an FML? He really just could have messed up or it was all planned out and he just TOLD you he forgot. Either way, this is a good sign. Bonus points if you and his family get along!!!!!!!!!!