I'm innocent!

By DavidJ - 16/06/2023 18:00

Today, my girlfriend and I were on the road. She saw that I got an innocent text from a friend, Melissa. In a fit of jealous rage, she put the gear of my car to “P” causing the car behind me to rear end me. My bumper fell off. She told me, “Tell that bitch Melissa to take care of that.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 986
You deserved it 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Battousai124 6

File charges for reckless endangerment, this is not normal.

I’m thinking she’s your EX Girlfriend now!

Comments

I’m thinking she’s your EX Girlfriend now!

If she's not, she damn well SHOULD BE. More red flags than a Communist China parade.

Battousai124 6

File charges for reckless endangerment, this is not normal.

I see that most people take OP's side. But... how often have your SO's received a text from the opposite gender and it was "nothing to worry about"? Care to search this site for similar stories? I would say that in many of cases, a text--however innocent it appears--is sent with a very non-innocent indent (btw - notice that he's not saying there's nothing going on between him and Melissa, just simply says the text was innocent, which is not the same thing). Plus, I don't like to assume that his GF is an idiot (she's a bit of a nutcase, but that's different); she's worried and perhaps, it's justified. Also, the car that rear-ended him will be responsible for the accident, it wasn't keeping the "distance". It's unfair as the GF clearly provoked the accident, but that's the rule.

Even if there was something going on between OP and Melissa, his girlfriend should at least have availed herself of the facts before deciding what action to take.

What are you, my ex-wife? “How do I know you’re not?” is not proof of wrongdoing. Knee-jerk suspicion is not proof. Batshit insanity is not proof. The fact that other people do bad shit is not proof.

"how often have your SO's received a text from the opposite gender and it was "nothing to worry about"?" Several times every single day. Friends. Coworkers.

I really hope you have dumped that homicidal lunatic.

lalalaila777 24

you deserve it if you stay with her, the signs are there

Run fast, run far. This can only get worse.

The poor bastard behind you is at fault. They always need to keep a safe distance because they never know when a car in front of them has to make a sudden stop. I'm sure Melissa knows this.

Legally speaking, this is almost always true. In this case, proving otherwise would be a tall order.