Hyper self-awareness

By Anonymous - 29/01/2023 23:30 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I was on a first date and everything was going great, until I realized I had garlic breath from the garlic bread I ate earlier. I tried covering it with a mouthful of wine, but it just made it worse. I ended up trying to avoid any closeness, and now I guess I'll just die alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 551
You deserved it 447

Same thing different taste

Top comments

100% doubt they would have minded. They took you to a place that serves garlic bread, if they didn't didn't want their date with a hint of garlic than that's on them.

You don't have mints or gum on you? You don't have the presence of mind to avoid garlic when kissing may be in the near future? You need to learn how to date. You shouldn't be doomed to spinsterhood just because you don't follow a few common sense tips.

Comments

Don't sweat it so much. It's not like the garlic will start tasting like toothpaste before you kiss someone.

You don't have mints or gum on you? You don't have the presence of mind to avoid garlic when kissing may be in the near future? You need to learn how to date. You shouldn't be doomed to spinsterhood just because you don't follow a few common sense tips.

When this guy is not being a sarcastic bastard, listen the **** up.

Damned Auto-Correct! I wrote "No matter how awful your breath is, a ******* is always welcome," but the computer "fixed it!"

Better still, give some garlic bread to your date. This way, he won't mind the garlic breath since he'll have the same.

100% doubt they would have minded. They took you to a place that serves garlic bread, if they didn't didn't want their date with a hint of garlic than that's on them.

You didn't brush your teeth before your date? Or, if you ate the garlic bread while on the date, the guy should expect your breath to smell as such.

ODBeefalo 10

pretty sure most dudes would not care. garlic bread is awesome...

next time, eat some parsley. most restaurants have some. it's helps neutralize bad breath.

Did you eat garlic on your date or did you sabotage yourself beforehand?