Hush

By sXeQueen - 13/03/2010 15:17 - United States

Today, my boyfriend was having a really bad day, so I decided to call him and try to calm him down. At one point, I thought it would be sweet to sing him a song since he claimed to love my voice. Before I could get half way through, he told me to shut up because I was getting on his nerves and just making things worse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 295
You deserved it 31 042

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because he likes your voice doesn't mean you can sing.

GodBarack 5

And? Your life is ******... How, exactly?

Comments

FIRST you should practice singing, then maybe you won't suck. Still, FYL.

damn baby, you are beautiful!! what's ur #?!

I agree with Monikabug (cute nickname by the way!). I enjoy listening to my girlfriend sing, but when she sings to make me feel better when I'm upset, I feel really irritated. I don't mean to be unappreciative--I appreciate the gesture, it's just in that heated moment I want to talk. In that moment, I feel like singing is getting in the way of the issue at hand and it just grates my nerves. Just being there for him to support him is enough; even just your presence and sympathy helps. You sound like a very sweet girlfriend. :)

Monikabug 9

@aCTiviSTs, my number? Why, it's 9 of course, silly. :) @31, that's exactly what I mean. Why ignore the issue, when you can just go over and show him affection? (And thank you, by the way! :))

Well said, Monika and cardinal. I just want to know why you made this about you,OP. He told you he was having a bad day from the beginning. You made an (ill-advised) attempt to cheer him up and because he didn't appreciate you're whining? In a relationship, you sometimes have to sit in the backseat. It sounds like he normally aporeciates you and you obviously meant well. Just let this one go and find another way to support him next time.

You know, there are a lot of nerves in certain places -obligatory wink- so just say you'll never get on his nerves again.

Stop replying here to bring your comments to the top. My bad joke must not be ignored.

YDI... Singing to someone for no reason is awkward and would piss them off FAST...

as a guy, I would be pissed off if my my gf randomly started singing to me and I was already in a bad mood...even if you are good, and it wasn't just flattery

YourEvilHero 12

your voice probably annoys him of course it didn't help. ydi.

topherweaver 0

ydi for thinking your singing could help someone feel better. concieted haha

singing does not help when you are pissed

SeasonedSausage 0

He probably enjoyed your voice when you moaned?

bezach 0

singing makes my wrists bleed...

Did your song go like this? Because you had a bad day You're taking one down You sing a sad song just to turn it around

OP...if you wanna help your boyfriend when he's upset, send him a dirty picture. Keep the screeching to yourself until you get him in bed that night!!!

I'm with the boyfriend. if someone sang at me when I was pissed I'd snap their neck! stupid OP he only said he liked ur voice so he could get u in the sack!

it's alright, I really hate it when I'm having a bad day and someone starts singing, especially when it's a woman's voice

you sound like a dumb bitch. that must be why i hate you

That's the problem with many people, especially tone-deaf people; everyone thinks they can sing, and sing well. Unless you've received actual music training (e.g., singing or even playing an instrument), you probably can't sing well. Of course, there are some outliers. It's often socially unacceptable and extremely mean to tell people to their face that they're horrible singers. Often, people will just skirt the issue by saying "It's good", or "I like it", just to get you to shut up. If you say it's bad, they'll sometimes try to prove you wrong by singing more. You probably can't sing as well as your boyfriend says. He's trying to get in your pants through flattery. It reminds me of my ex-girlfriend who thought she could sing like an angel. Instead, it sounded like a howling cat. I told her. At least I didn't have to hear a tone-deaf song anymore. Your boyfriend should be more honest to you.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

just because she sang a song for her boyfriend doesn't mean she thinks she's Mariah Carey. good job writing a long and useless paragraph

Jerkkk..WTF. I'm totally giving him the benefit of the doubt by saying..he had a rough day, let him off this once..BUT if it happens again..dump him. Sorry girl for his rudeness..I'm sure you are an awesome singer

imdeborah 0

lmfao at #36. That made me laugh and I have to agree. Some people can't handle the truth. :/

^ LOL WIN! @ #56: well she obviously thought her singing was good enough to calm her boyfriend down...which is dumb in its self. And the point popoman was trying to make was that the only reason the OP's boyfriend said her singing was good was possibly because he didn't want to tell her the truth.

Just because he likes your voice doesn't mean you can sing.

Pumpkin226 0

@3, I agree. You're also pretty cute. ;)

PurpleSquirrel 0

she can sing, but it doesn't mean she's good

lol thats wat i was guna say... and YDI kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk laughing at ur patheticness

GodBarack 5

And? Your life is ******... How, exactly?

paul924 0

he's in a bad mood, ofcourse he'll say that! so shut up no need to complain!

Bruingirl103 0

wow how much do u suck at singin

KnioBerry 0

Well, I'd prolly say the same thing because it's just awkward when someone starts singing, cheering me up or not.

emmmilyyy 0

I agree- that just sounds awkward and weird.

emmmilyyy 0

wtf the post I meant to respond to is now gone! :0 disregard prev comment

don't be mean >_> I don't even know you.

Tomaino 3

I just need to respond to you to let you know how weird it is that your name is Cristallynn. My first and middle name are Crystal and Lynn.

thatoneGeo 0

I say you should have just gave him time alone. I mean women can be annoying sometimes

he loves the voice with your "o" face, not American idol. get it together sheesh.