Help! I need somebody!

By crippled shopper - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Streamwood

Today, I went shopping first thing in the morning to avoid the crowd. Having recently had surgery on my knee, I used an electric scooter to shop. The scooter died in the middle of the store. No one was around to help me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 919
You deserved it 4 803

Top comments

Damn, where is that 'emergency boost' button when you need it?

Yeah....electronics tend to have this thing called a "Battery indicator", you should try checking it sometime, helps avoiding these situations.

Comments

Yeah....electronics tend to have this thing called a "Battery indicator", you should try checking it sometime, helps avoiding these situations.

Electric scooter died in the middle of a shopping centre. Better drink my own piss.

I used to be a shopper like you, but then I took a surgery to the knee.

That's a rather long paragraph may I suggest splitting it up or not typing it since only 3 people will read it.

# 46, Thanks. Worth the read for anyone injured or planning surgery. But as #55 said, splitting the 'graph would have helped.

Damn, where is that 'emergency boost' button when you need it?

xXHollowIchigoXx 17

And suddenly you feel more alone and helpless than ever.

Its always when you kneed one the most that nobody is around

I'm supposing that the shop is big so maybe the best thing is to call someone louder until they can hear you?

Well you got yourself to the store and onto the scooter on your own.... Surely you can get up and get another or find help

They may have used a walker or a cane that they left at the place where they got the scooter. If that isn't the case my guess would be that the distance from them(in their current location) to their car is much larger than the distance from their car to the place where they got the scooter.

A cane I could see, in which case OP should have taken it with him on the scooter. And ok, maybe the scooters are far away but any decent shopping center should have an a associate within reasonable walking distance.

ks23 9

With the way people act today even if they ha been around no one would have helped you anyways.........Until they had posted it to Facebook and uploaded it on a video to YouTube.

God you are so inconsiderate. Twitter needs to know about it too?

It's 5 in the ******* morning, I've been sitting on this damn good-for-nothing scooter and it seems all the employees are still asleep. I have brought myself to drink my piss out of thirst, so could you be so kind as to come help me!

It's too bad there were no other scooter-ers around to give you a jump. But at least there were no people around who'd jump you ^-^

You should've brought a friend or family member with you. I hope you found help!

When you have a long-term injury or disability, it is really important to be able to leave the house by yourself once in a while so you feel independent & less like a burden to everyone else. Saying someone should 'have a friend' every time he/she goes to the grocery store is incredibly insensitive.