Hellhole

By living_thedream - 14/01/2013 06:51 - United States - Bethpage

Today, while living in Florida, I had a conversation with my mother explaining that it might be best for me to come back home. Her response, "Don't worry, they have plenty of homeless shelters down there if you need a place to stay." Thanks Mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 885
You deserved it 3 730

Same thing different taste

Top comments

blcksocks 19

Please don't bring the innocent pillow sham into this.

iarefatal 9

I feel like she is trying to tell you something OP, and she isn't being very subtle.

Comments

aye it's harsh. but also an opportunity to learn how ro stand on you're own feet. so do not despair. just grab life by the horns and ride it

But be very wary that if you don't ride it properly one of those horns might end up somewhere inappropriate.

Awwww what's wrong, did real life just kick in?

My mom always says "as soon as you walk out that door, you aren't ever allowed to come back". At some point, you're parents shouldn't have to support you but hopefully if it gets that bad she'll change her mind.

I hear cardboard boxes are quite snugly this time of year.

I'm 26 with a child and when I got laid off my dad didn't hesitate to have me move in, and never complains. I also got another job and went to school, so as long as you are trying I don't think it's ok for a parent to treat you that way. If you are lazy, don't work or clean up... Maybe she should make you step up a little if u want to move in!

That was for sure a joke, and you both probably laugh at it, but then you posted it on here sounding like she said it to be mean. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

netbeui435 3

Just can't be OPs behavior that is responsible, can it. ?

Perhaps the mother was joking or maybe she has a valid reason for not wanting her son home. Who knows if he's abusive or can't abide by her rules or she knows that it will cause problems in their relationship. (Ex: I get along great with my parents but put us under the same roof? There will be problems and resentfulness) Also I know parents that don't want their kids moving in back with them because they've gotten in to drugs and they fear that their own child will steal from them. Reasons are endless. You are only seeing it from the OP's side.

Epikouros 31

From the way this FML is worded, it seems you didn't ask whether you could come back home, but took it for granted that your pimply face was welcome. Anyway, sometimes parents have to kick their little birdie out of the nest, or it will never learn to fly. Maybe you could make a living as a gigolo for lonely old ladies who moved to Florida.