Have a merry Xmas!

By hilariousnow - 22/12/2009 08:46 - Vietnam

Today, with my girlfriend I planned a trip to Bali on this Thursday and we will celebrate Christmas together. Hotel booking done, flight tickets bought, swimsuits packed. I just forgot one thing: tell my boss I'll be on leave till next week. He gave me a new project. The deadline is next Monday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 546
You deserved it 38 815

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You booked the entire trip w/o making sure you could get the time off from work, this short notice? Sounds like YDI.

DoingItWrong 0

You sir, are an idiot for planning a holiday vacation so close to the holiday in question. I bet everything you bought was marked up for idiots just like you. Plan your vacations well in advanced.

Comments

Always, always, always notify and inform your boss waaaaaay in advance about your trip. I usually let my boss know when I just beginning to plan a vacation, not days before taking it. That's just ignorant. I put the notice on my calendar and his calendar so no one has a misunderstanding or "forgets". By the way, I doubt you forgot about the trip which is obvious by your excitement about going on it, therefore you clearly remembered it and thought about it while at work long before the actual trip. What was your reason for not saying anything then. You didn't "forget" you were going on vacay, that's just b.s.-what was the REAL reason for not saying anything???

I bet your gf is pissed at you. YDI @13 He probably did forget, I always have to remind my bf about a dozen times before he remembers to book vacation time

Let me guess - the OP has to wash his boss's balls before Monday morning's tee time at the Grand Oaks Country Club. If I were you, OP, I would feel honored to have this job because your boss puts a ton of trust in you to wash his balls for him. Your girlfriend can wait a bit longer for that dream vacation. Washing these balls properly and above the normal standard may determine if you get a raise and how much of one if you do.

How in the h-e-double-toothpicks do so many people here "forget" to tell their boss they're taking time off? Especially for a trip TO BALI? It's not like it's one town over. I call shenanigans.

For emphasis. You noticed what I said, didn't you?

Marketing -it's all about getting the message out. If the sheeple don't stop & look, it failed. You stopped & looked.

Good job Einstein! Next time, ask for the time off FIRST.. seriously.. that's what I usually do before planning this far.. Sure, I make small plans first before asking for days off, but once I'm sure I have them, I plan farther.. not the other way aruond..

A little responsibility couldn't hurt. lol

transcedental 18

**** your job ^^ take time for yourself and ur gf ;P after all ... life is transitional, enjoy it while you can ;)

flashback.miss 28

where did you go where did you stay? you could have called it doesn't matter now anyway anyway....anyway yay...anyway..anyway...ay... when you went out late last night you must have had far too many pints cos you told me there i lay (?) where you're going exactly where i went when i called your voice was strange it was like you said you'd be surprised but next time you'll try to explain where were you last night where did you go where did you stay? you could have called it doesn't matter now anyway anyway....anyway yay...anyway..anyway...ay... anyway!