Great Plains? Tornado Alley?

By a girl with eyes - 23/09/2023 08:00

Today, I had to cancel a first date due to tornado weather. The guy texted me, saying never to contact him again, and then blocked me. This is the fourth time this exact scenario has happened to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 648
You deserved it 178

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They probably think you're lying. Date a meteorologist. Next question?

Were there tornadoes, or were you buying into weatherman hype? I live in an area prone to tornadoes and I react to threats and not hype. There is a difference, and I can’t imagine having to cancel that many dates for a low risk situation.

Comments

They probably think you're lying. Date a meteorologist. Next question?

Were there tornadoes, or were you buying into weatherman hype? I live in an area prone to tornadoes and I react to threats and not hype. There is a difference, and I can’t imagine having to cancel that many dates for a low risk situation.

Wait... you've arranged four dates, with four different dudes, and then cancelled each one due to a potential tornado, only to be blocked by each guy? Maybe wait until the end of tornado season.

Wadlaen 23

Next time, you might just have to take the chance, tornado or no tornado...

Well there goes your chance of getting swept off your feet.

unless there's actually a tornado forming, or dangerously high winds, there's no reason to cancel the date. you're basically telling them "I'm cancelling because of rain."

This is a very weird FML. Are you dating people from that far away that they are not affected by said Tornados? How many Tornados do you have? Do they suddenly appear? Can't you not set dates on the times where they said tornados are coming? can't you start a relationship outside tornado season?

Next time tell the guy why you cancel.