Gimme the drugs

By Debi - 25/01/2022 01:59

Today, I scrambled to get out of work on the dot to go to a special pharmacy that closes at 5 pm an hour away. I arrived at 4:58. Upon reaching the door, one of the employees came and locked it in my face. Apparently, her going home early was more important than me getting my medication. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 318
You deserved it 389

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slkeithh 14

she wasn't going home early. she was closing on time.

I mean, the store's merchandise was probably already locked away for the next morning by that point. Take it as a rule of thumb that a place closes around 5 minutes before the actual closing hour.

Comments

I mean, the store's merchandise was probably already locked away for the next morning by that point. Take it as a rule of thumb that a place closes around 5 minutes before the actual closing hour.

slkeithh 14

she wasn't going home early. she was closing on time.

Close at 5pm means at 5pm...not 4:58.

YDI. They have no obligation to serve you that close to closing time. Get your medication delivered to your address, use another pharmacy with a later closing time, or leave work earlier.

You need to find another "special" pharmacy that has better hours. The employee who slammed the door in your face doesn't know you or care about you, so of course, her desire to leave early outweighs your problems.

what people are saying is bs. a business has their opening and closing times in their website, shop windows etc they must expect to do business during those times. pay the employees to arrive and leave 15 min before and after

Am I the only one confused by “special pharmacy”?

Doesn't a boss have to give you time to do these kind of things? I have medication too and the pharmacy here is open from 8:30 till 17:00 so that sucks if you have an office job like me. But I just tell my boss "I'll be in late as I need to pick up my medicines" and he just says "ok, fine". And it's also not required to take an hour out of your holidays of to work an hour longer at the end of the day or anything. It's what they call "special leave" here and employers are legally obliged to give that to you, no questions asked. And as I said, you don't lose any holidays over this special leave.

How does it go? "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency for me."

You mean you staying in work until late was more important to you than getting your medication, right?