Functioning

By Violet - 19/04/2011 09:50 - Australia

Today, I realised that what I had thought was my dad's default state for the past 17 years is actually his drunken state. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 296
You deserved it 3 389

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Over the past 17 years you were never able to smell alcohol on his breath?

Comments

sleepyhungry93 0

either you're dumb or your dad is pro.

rhpsfan9 10

you never smelled the alcohol on his breathe?

melibear89 7

well there's this new thing called an alcoholic. those people you see sitting in a circle those are the alcoholics and they thought they'd try this thing called alcohol and they liked so much they drank it every day for years and years thus making them drunk for 17 years or longer. if you still don't understand you might need to try it out.

RainbowHeadache 2

My dad has been smoking a joint or two a day since he & my mom got married 22 years ago. I didn't even know until he offered me one two years ago. My mom still doesn't know. So I guess OPs dad can get away with it if he really wanted to.

well excuse me, but there is also such thing as alchohol poisoning so if u r drunk for 17 years u would not be living. in fact, i grew up in a household with an alchoholic aunt AND i am married to a doctor. dont tell me shit about that, especially not in sarcasm.

Well, couldn't you notice the bottles in the trash can? Do you close your eyes everytime you are going to dump something in the trash? O.o

I have a hard time you a married to a doctor #58 just wanted to get that out of the way first...and second I am sure she didn't mean DRUNk but drinking. My mother has drank everyday for as long as I can remember and I am 23 so yes it is very posiable. I am so sorry OP I really understand what you are going through. So 58 you might want to ask your "husband" again.

well at-least when he was in his normal state you didn't think that was his drunk state.