From beyond

By hearingthings - 26/06/2012 02:59 - Australia - Perth

Today, in a drunken, depressed state I thought I heard my deceased mother trying to make contact with me from beyond the grave. It took me a moment to realise that the soft voice was from the music my neighbours were playing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 233
You deserved it 6 517

Same thing different taste

Top comments

loserboii 11

You should probably drink a little(or a lot) less.

I'm sorry about your mother, OP. But I hear it isn't uncommon to want to be contacted or given a sign from a dead loved one, drunk or not. Don't feel too bad.

Comments

the FML still doesn't answer his question... all it says is the soft voice was playing from the neighbors, jeez people.

this was meant for a reply up there ^^^

I'm I'm the same boat as you. :/ I lost my mommy to cancer 1 year and 9 months ago (it'll be 1 year and 9 months ago at about 9:30pm tonight). She was my only parent and I was her only child. I was holding onto her when she died and I was only 15. Had to go to a psychologist and I was told I probably have PTSD. It was tearing me apart. I would try to sleep and my mommy would show up in my room looking how she did when she was dying. I could barely eat. I could barely sleep. I would have nightmares of it (still do). I still randomly break down over that night. And the breakdowns have me out for at least a week. We're not alone, though. We just have to all help each other. Sorry for your losses, everyone.

uglycrow 5

This happened to me once.. I was in the shower, heard voices, stumbled out, managed to knock everything that existed in my bathroom in the floor (including the huge cabinet that fell on top of me) only to realize it was the radio I had turned on before getting into the shower.. Yeah I know.. Shame on me.. Also, sorry about your mother..

sacredeye73 11

OP, I am a natural born medium. Your mother was most definitely trying to communicate. Our loved ones often do through music. The warmth you felt around your shoulders at that moment you thought it was Mom, was her putting her arms around you. She wants you to know that she is ok, she loves you, and she desperately wants you to quit drinking. Her life was cut short, she doesn't want the same for you. Pay attention. She sends you little signs to let you know she is around. The poke you think you feel in your right shoulder is her.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Maybe you should go visit her grave.

noisebox 1

Loosing a parent is hard I just lost my dad about 4 months ago. He is some where else now with no forwarding address or phone. I would not drink or do dope only makes it worse, get a girlfriend and get fornicating , fecundity

It's sad that you lost your mom but you shouldn't get that drunk. Actually, you shouldn't get drunk period. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

You sound like a pretty lovely guy. It's really good to know there are people like you oi there. Stay strong. Happiness is coming your way. X